Mavric

NCAA Basketball Assistants Arrested in Corruption Probe

The biggest kicker of them all would be if, after sucking all these years, Nebraska was somehow caught up in all this. 

Well, this can't be good for Adidas:

• Plus1 1

This will definitely get worse.

But let's be clear that the FBI has conducted an undercover investigation into College Basketball for several years.

There is no chance in hell they haven't also uncovered, and possibly been investigating on the sly, corruption in football as well.

What is going to be really interesting is....how does the NCAA get around NOT handing out major penalties almost immediately when the FBI has already done their investigation and arrests have been made?

Lousiville:  Done

Auburn:  Done ( I think)

Okie State:  Not sure, looks like could be in trouble but it might go back to South Carolina?  Not sure, but Evans will be done.

The real key now...who starts talking in exchange for some help from the FBI.  That will be where real s#!t starts to go down.

This isn't news and everyone knows the shoe companies run CBB but man this is funny to see these guys get busted by the feds...you know they NEVER thought this would be an FBI thing...just an NCAA thing

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

No wonder we don't get high-profile cagers.  We aren't playing the recruiting game the right way.

And of course, none of us thought this was remotely over, but a Louisville beat reporter says there's "Big. News." coming tomorrow morning.

• Plus1 1

What did Tark the Shark say?  "9 out of 10 college basketball teams are cheating...the other one is in last place"

I was wrong, Auburn is done too.

Now everyone that was wondering why Bowen was so wishy-washy...he was waiting for the best offer.  

It is amazing to me that Louisville hasn't made a statement and thrown him out on his ass to try to save the program.

Hmmmm.......I was starting to type that firing him wouldn't save the program from this....but......then I realized I was talking about the NCAA here.  Their failure to punish cheating wouldn't surprise me even after the FBI investigated it and had proof.

20 minutes ago, huskerfan120889 said:

administrative leave? are you kidding me. what's a guy got to do to get fired?

HR departments and lawyers need to have something to do.

11 minutes ago, jaws said:

HR departments and lawyers need to have something to do.

You’re right. But at that point, don’t hold a news conference till the ink is dry - if that’s what is actually going on. 

7 minutes ago, huskerfan120889 said:

You’re right. But at that point, don’t hold a news conference till the ink is dry - if that’s what is actually going on. 

I don't think you can wait. You need to get out ahead of this and get a new coach in asap. This is a mess and you can't promote from within and you need to vet any new coach to make sure he isn't part of this crap. The school had to do something. Too bad they didn't get rid of him when they should have in 2009. 

On a side note, is anyone keeping an eye on Bobby Petrino in the Louisville athletic department?

6 minutes ago, jaws said:

I don't think you can wait. You need to get out ahead of this and get a new coach in asap. This is a mess and you can't promote from within and you need to vet any new coach to make sure he isn't part of this crap. The school had to do something. Too bad they didn't get rid of him when they should have in 2009. 

On a side note, is anyone keeping an eye on Bobby Petrino in the Louisville athletic department?

I’m wondering if Louisville isn’t going to try and brush this under the rug, depending on how many teams/advisers/companies end up being involved 

Just now, huskerfan120889 said:

I’m wondering if Louisville isn’t going to try and brush this under the rug, depending on how many teams/advisers/companies end up being involved 

You can brush it under the rug with the NCAA, but I am not sure you can do it when the FBI knocks on your door. 

7 minutes ago, jaws said:

You can brush it under the rug with the NCAA, but I am not sure you can do it when the FBI knocks on your door. 

Lol, i dont disagree but i wonder if there will be a fall guy, once again.

1 hour ago, huskerfan120889 said:

administrative leave? are you kidding me. what's a guy got to do to get fired?

I heard on ESPN Radio that Pitino's contract requires 4 days notice before he can be fired for cause.  My guess is, the administrative leave will be for 4 days, then he is gone.

7 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

I heard on ESPN Radio that Pitino's contract requires 4 days notice before he can be fired for cause.  My guess is, the administrative leave will be for 4 days, then he is gone.

Oh, interesting. Thanks for the clarification. Honestly didn’t know that much, thought it was a cop-out by Louisville.