NCAA Basketball Assistants Arrested in Corruption Probe

Mavric

7 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

I heard on ESPN Radio that Pitino's contract requires 4 days notice before he can be fired for cause.  My guess is, the administrative leave will be for 4 days, then he is gone.

Oh, interesting. Thanks for the clarification. Honestly didn’t know that much, thought it was a cop-out by Louisville. 

Bowen, who is the No. 19 player in the Class of 2017, according to the 247Sports composite rankings, committed to Louisville on June 3. That was a bit of a surprise. Michigan State was long considered the leader to land Bowen, until very late in the process. Bowen named Louisville his leader the day before he committed.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/26/fbi-sting-has-louisville-in-its-crosshairs/

Does this remind anyone of a similar occurrence (in football)?

Few thoughts

1.  Lville always seemed like it's whole identity is wrapped up in sports.  It's a city commuter school.  It gave RP several chances bc of winning.  Most of its BB players recruited from NYC-NJ area and its football from Florida.  Just seems like a dirty win at all costs school.

2.  I'm not a lawyer but couldn't the FBI just go interview every DI coach and assist coach and ask questions like are you aware of any bribes. payments etc for your student athletes?  Do the same for every NBA player who played DI.  Have them go on record so to speak.  .  See what shakes out. 

3.  What is the immediate response from Div 1 compliance departments?  Hope nothing pops up and just accept each athlete and coach's annual compliance questionnaire or start making pointed questions to its athletes and coaches even if it potentially levels the school?

4.  Will this reach into FB?  Far more dollars in college FB.  I guess I don't get the whole shoe thing.  I am not a fan of CBB and the NBA is unwatchable. 

• 2 weeks later...