NCAA Basketball Assistants Arrested in Corruption Probe

Mavric

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

49 minutes ago, jaws said:

JUST FROM MY FIRST COUPLE GLANCES THROUGH THE ARTICLES COMING OUT, IT SEEMS LIKE MOST OF THESE ARE THE PARENTS' FAULTS. CARTER, FROM DUKE, IS ON THERE FOR A LUNCH THAT HIS MOM HAD WITH AN AGENT: $106. NOW HER SON AND HIS TEAM ARE GOING TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES (MAYBE). BRIDGES FROM MSU IS ON THERE FOR A $70 LUNCH AND A $400 CASH ADVANCE THAT HIS MOM TOOK. STUPID PARENTS!

29 minutes ago, zoogs said:

College sports. What a world.

He should have taken the NBA route. If I was an opposing coach, I would not call out an opposing teams player. Usually that comes back to bite you at some point.

I can't take Tim Alberta serious after this tweet. 

1 hour ago, zoogs said:

I think the take-home here is that the kids and their families are subject to a bizarre and unforgiving system, not the active bad actors. That same system, unfortunately, puts fans in a position to harangue and blame the people least deserving of it.

The bad actors are usually the agents and shoe companies. How do you fix that problem? I don't know of a system that would remove them from the equation.