Trump's Tax Plan

sho

14 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I have read nothing that would suggest the new tax cut proposals would impact the NU athetic department in any way.   I don't think there is any impact on the charitable deductions for those who itemize, unless you are suggesting that because you don't deduct your state income taxes you will lose your charitable.   Not so.

The surtax on incomes of a million, does not increase any million plus a year tax bill except to the extent that you lose your tax rate break on the first 100K of income.  This is a small relative to their income 'tax hit' and won't impact NU budgets.  Coaches have to pay their own taxes, not the University.  The payroll tax is unaffected.

The tax proposal is nothing but a healthy tax reduction for all taxpayers (with the exception of rare odd cases where incomes may have sudden shifts or other circumstances change and impact timing, etc.).   The most likely impact on Husker football and even other sports will be that most fans will have more money to spend thanks to reduced tax burden and may be able to afford to actually buy tickets or travel to an away game or something and of course the economy is going to get a tremendous boost and growth and incomes and tax revenue to all governments will help everybody.     

Not even true. Your long ass tirades miss the point so many times, it's not even funny.

Did you not see the automated email from the Athletic Department about tax implications? In case you didn't, someone just listed out what it would do - repeal the 80% donation.This is not a healthy tax reduction, it is a haste overhaul that is setting up to be detrimental for at least a decade.

I'll bite and mods feel free to move this post if need be, but I am so sick of the blind opinions that people (conservatives) have, that our government can't do anything wrong. Net neutrality was the straw that broke the camel's back, but this was right up there....I work in the financial services industry, a predominantly conservative/republican field, and you would not believe the backlash the house and senate bills are receiving. Not only will it affect the individual investor (they wont be able to chose FIFO or LIFO for tax purposes, just FIFO so there is typically a built in tax liability with that) but we have hedge fund partners that will be closing shop depending on what bill is ultimately passed.

There are entire markets (Not for Profit hospitals and higher education / charter schools) that could potential go away or cause WACC to go up 30% overnight. They won't be able to find investors to back their projects. Is that what you want for inner city charter schools, or senior living facilities? I don't f'ing think so, but keep pumping the blind support. At least we will all have "healthy" tax reductions.

Edited by HuskerNBigD
  • Plus1 5
1 hour ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Not even true. Your long ass tirades miss the point so many times, it's not even funny.

Did you not see the automated email from the Athletic Department about tax implications? In case you didn't, someone just listed out what it would do - repeal the 80% donation.This is not a healthy tax reduction, it is a haste overhaul that is setting up to be detrimental for at least a decade.

I'll bite and mods feel free to move this post if need be, but I am so sick of the blind opinions that people (conservatives) have, that our government can't do anything wrong. Net neutrality was the straw that broke the camel's back, but this was right up there....I work in the financial services industry, a predominantly conservative/republican field, and you would not believe the backlash the house and senate bills are receiving. Not only will it affect the individual investor (they wont be able to chose FIFO or LIFO for tax purposes, just FIFO so there is typically a built in tax liability with that) but we have hedge fund partners that will be closing shop depending on what bill is ultimately passed.

There are entire markets (Not for Profit hospitals and higher education / charter schools) that could potential go away or cause WACC to go up 30% overnight. They won't be able to find investors to back their projects. Is that what you want for inner city charter schools, or senior living facilities? I don't f'ing think so, but keep pumping the blind support. At least we will all have "healthy" tax reductions.

Why don't you tell us blind conservatives how you really feel...

8 minutes ago, Epic-Nemesis said:

Why don't you tell us blind conservatives how you really feel...

I pretty much did. Why don’t you tell me how the tax bill benefits anyone? This is coming from someone that has been a conservative his whole life. Give me 3 good outcomes of the proposed bill, I’m all ears. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I feel this needs to be moved and it

is getting way too political. I too work in the financial services field for a large company and can easily say the current administrations policies are far more friendly to all businesses and taxpayers than the prior administration who loaded up on regulations, initiated the DOL fiduciary changes costing many companies large sums of money and slowed their ability to implement changes to the market, and instilled a hostile culture toward businesses with NLRB appointees.

Ha! The DOL fiduciary rule. You mean the rule that outlined brokers/financial advisors needed to serve in the best interest of their client? What changes to the market were slowed? Ones that probably should’ve been there in the first place.  Heaven forbid that happens and Morgan Stanley doesn’t pump their s#!tty products to their clients. Amazing how that rule wasn’t impacting RIAs. It was the large wirehouses dragging their feet. The same large wire houses that have IM sleeves of the business that have managed to lobby their way out of the most recent FIFO protocol that the new laws are going to implement on individual investors. I mean, f#*k the end users, right? 

Edited by HuskerNBigD
  • Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

I pretty much did. Why don’t you tell me how the tax bill benefits anyone? This is coming from someone that has been a conservative his whole life. Give me 3 good outcomes of the proposed bill, I’m all ears. 

1. Reduces rates for all taxpayers.

2.  Increases child tax credit for lower income groups.

3.  Reduces taxes for small and large businesses who create jobs and increase the tax base.

4.  GDP growth accelerates leading to more new businesses and jobs.

5.  As businesses need more workers to continue expanding their businesses, this drives up wages as the demand for workers exceeds the supply.

6. No more penalties for those who do not want to take Obamacare.

The primary downside is what it could do to the deficit, but this also depends on how much growth is achieved. If growth continues at 3% or more for many consecutive quarters, which it did little of in the prior 8 years of the last admin, this brings in more tax dollars to offset some of the deficit increase.

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

3.  Reduces taxes for small and large businesses who create jobs and increase the tax base.

5.  As businesses need more workers to continue expanding their businesses, this drives up wages as the demand for workers exceeds the supply.

The primary downside is what it could do to the deficit, but this also depends on how much growth is achieved. If growth continues at 3% or more for many consecutive quarters, which it did little of in the prior 8 years of the last admin, this brings in more tax dollars to offset some of the deficit increase.

The last couple have years has shown that low unemployment rates has hardly impacted wage inflation when pressure should be at an all-time high. We’re damn near under 4%. 

Oh, heaven forbid that growth didn’t accelerate over 3% much of the last 8 years. Tell me another time in history that it’s continually above 3%?  We are coming out of a global recession and central banks around the world are keeping rates negative? Not to mention, we’ve had an 8 year bull market, so not all Obama’s polices were obviously bad. 

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sounds a lot like that whole trickle down theory, sooner or later the fans will pay it through donations.  The big donors can't write it off anymore.  The theory is flawed at the core. 

• Plus1 5

In my opinion, this really should be moved because you can't comment without going away from football.

Tax breaks, whether some like to call them trickle down or not do work. It does put more money in the citizens hands.. some save more, and some spend more but it does make a difference.

Who can say they have actually read the bill, and what they are saying isn't just regurgitated hate for anything a certain side puts out there?

• Plus1 1