Soooo UCF vs Nebraska.... who wins?

10 minutes ago, soup said:

UCF strength of schedule is 82nd in the nation

Nebraska's is 23rd. (and everybody says our schedule has been easy)

Let's be careful about anointing the next savior based on incomplete data.

Not sure what SOS rankings you are using but, here is the current strength of schedule with games played so far.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

UCF is at 43, while NU is at 64.  I don't know how you can look at the opponents that both teams have played so far and think that NU has played a tougher schedule.  Central Florida has handed Memphis and Maryland their only losses on the season, and UCF beat them both handily.

EDIT:  Adding in the Sagarin rankings to show that UCF SOS is 65 in his rankings, with NU at 69.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

• Plus1 2

21 hours ago, soup said:

UCF strength of schedule is 82nd in the nation

Nebraska's is 23rd. (and everybody says our schedule has been easy)

Let's be careful about anointing the next savior based on incomplete data.

Still, if Nebraska had dominated Maryland and Memphis, I would be calling them quality wins. 

I guess the best part would be that if NU hired Frost we wouldn't have posters posting things like "I had to google his name to see who he was"

Frost has done a really good job so far.  I, like another poster, also think that USF will beat them down at the end of the year.  Especially since they still have Quinten Flowers...who I am pretty sure was in the same high school as Frost.  He has been there FOREVER

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Still, if Nebraska had dominated Maryland and Memphis, I would be calling them quality wins. 

Also worth noting that UCF's three opponents (FIU, Maryland and Memphis) are undefeated against the other teams they've played. That'll almost certainly change soon, Maryland plays Ohio State this weekend, but those three teams have looked good so far when they play anyone but UCF. 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

Also worth noting that UCF's three opponents (FIU, Maryland and Memphis) are undefeated against the other teams they've played. That'll almost certainly change soon, Maryland plays Ohio State this weekend, but those three teams have looked good so far when they play anyone but UCF. 

This was the comment I made about UCF's actual strength of schedule numbers so far, not the #fakenews SOS figures that Soup posted.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This was the comment I made about UCF's actual strength of schedule numbers so far, not the #fakenews SOS figures that Soup posted.

It's a good point. The AAC is clearly not a Power 5 conference. It's probably the best of the Group of 5 conferences though. UCF will only play 11 regular season games because of the hurricanes. Finishing 9-2, 10-1 or better in the AAC is still impressive. 

Will UCF lose to USF? Maybe. The Bulls haven't looked like world beaters so far though. At this point, that game looks like it will probably decide who wins the east division of the AAC. 

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Who would win in a fight between a hurricane and Ditka?

Which Hurricane?

Ray Lewis? Sapp? Sean Taylor? Ed Reed? those guys could give Ditka a good run for his money, imo.

Vinny, Kelly, Torreta... basically any UM QB would crap their pants if they had to fight Ditka...

Jimmy Johnson was technically a Hurricane; he'd get whooped by Ditka.... is he still considering coaching?