Best Recruiting Plan if MR is let go...

2 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

We will lose Bookie, Moore, and all hope with Parsons.  Riley is recruiting these guys personally and they love him.

KJJ would not be coming back either. 

I could honestly care less if KJJ came back, totally came in with a bad attitude. I think this program needs coaches who hold players to a high standard. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

We will lose Bookie, Moore, and all hope with Parsons.  Riley is recruiting these guys personally and they love him.

KJJ would not be coming back either. 

You don't keep a mediocre coach for the pledge of a couple 17 year old kids. 

If we lose them, we lose them. Whoever the next hire is will be afforded more time than Riley because, unlike when Riley was hired, this is now officially a rebuild. 

• Plus1 4

I like this upcoming recruiting class more than anyone and think they may be one reason Riley stays, but if Frost is your guy, you have to give him the keys to the entire thing. The Williamses are some of the best position coaches in the country and maybe Frost is familiar with Donte from the PAC12, but gotta be prepared to lose these guys if MR is gone. 

I'm not sure why certain coaches are getting passes. I like coaches who can develop players immediately. But Parella getting an automatic pass, I'm not sure about it. I've seen 1 year and this year so far and I don't like our defensive line. Just because you were a good player here doesn't mean you'll make a great coach. Again, I think Parella can do better if we recruit heavily for the DL and LB's.

The same can be said for Frost but at this point, he can at least back up the argument. It's an unfortunate situation but I think if we put an emphasis on getting better OL and DL recruits and focus less on skill players RIGHT now like ASAP, we'll be better off. This staff can't do that or won't, either way they don't have enough time on their hands, IMO.

If we have a controlling AD like Alvarez, and if the next HC is a yes man for the AD, sure, I think we could keep some of the defensive staff. If Frost comes, I could see Diaco, Parella, and Williams staying. But then again, I could see guys like Marvin Sanders coming back again because Frost is inclined to include Nebraskans former player or not on his staff.

On 10/2/2017 at 1:42 AM, Edison's Enemy said:

When Frost took over at UCF, he didn't clean house with the staff, so there's a chance. It depends a lot on if he's bringing any UCF coaches.

The UCF DB coach is a UCF alum and was there a year before Frost, so keeping Donte Williams seems possible.

UCF's receivers coach is also their OC. So, that's a different situation. Do you want to bring in his OC? Would that OC want to still coach WR?

Obviously, that all depends on whether the Williams' even want to stay. 

I'm in the same boat that I want the Williams' and Parella to stay. I could do without the rest.

I don't know that the OC Title matters. I'm not positive, but I think Frostcalls the plays at UCF.

The only coach I want left over is Parella, Phuck these other dudes. seriously.  These players are coddled, they are treated like they  have been drafted #1 in the NFL and it is our privilege to have them play here.  I am sick of this bull. Look at Lamar Jackson, he is awful, refuses to tackle, refuses to play physical. Yet he starts. The dude should have been redshirted. 

Where was the development of talent the last two years from Riley?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, timmytbro said:

The only coach I want left over is Parella, Phuck these other dudes. seriously.  These players are coddled, they are treated like they  have been drafted #1 in the NFL and it is our privilege to have them play here.  I am sick of this bull. Look at Lamar Jackson, he is awful, refuses to tackle, refuses to play physical. Yet he starts. The dude should have been redshirted. 

Where was the development of talent the last two years from Riley?

Lamar Jackson has no business being on the field period.  Husker nation D Stroyed Daniel Davie and he played 10 time better than the 21.  He can't cover and he definitely can't tackle.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Lamar Jackson has no business being on the field period.  Husker nation D Stroyed Daniel Davie and he played 10 time better than the 21.  He can't cover and he definitely can't tackle.

Absolutely, all I hear from the kid in interviews is how he is going to light it up, and how his confidence has grown... blah blah blah... No joke, Davie was light years above this kids level...

I cannot blame LJ too much, clearly he has done anything to put himself in the games... it is these dipstick coaches appeasing a 20 year old because he had a 4 next to a star on scout or rivals....

Talking about asst coaches, I don't know why you want the db coach the db are not very good the ol is pathetic,improvement of the QB's starting with Armstrong is not good, dl is just ave(you would think parrella would be better) lb are fair, D.C. had been  been disappointing .Backs and receivers are only positions that look like they have been coached very well.

On 10/1/2017 at 9:40 PM, ScottyIce said:

So, we are in quite a predicament.

It looks like Frost is going to force this into happening this season, whereas many thought he wouldn't be proving he is ready so soon.

First of all, we need to try and keep this class together if possible.  

I truthfully can't say that I believe that any of these players are Riley's commits. I truly believe they are either all Nebraska or All Williams guys.

It will be paramount that we retain the Williamses for at least one season.

Now, if there is a major shift in offense run-to-pass, I could see that impacting our WR commits. Do we see that happening with Frosts offense? It sure seems he chucks it plenty.

interested to hear some thoughts on this...

The class will implode if/when Riley is fired. I would venture a guess than Jurgens will be our only high-profile recruit to stick, and only because he's a Nebraska guy. 

On 10/8/2017 at 10:12 PM, Danimal said:

Of course recruiting is important but I can't look at our receiver play and want Keith Williams back. 

Both Spielman and Morgan are on pace to break 1000 yards; something that hasn't been done at Nebraska. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 1