My parents saw him at the Zoo Bar in Lincoln before he got famous. I always envied them for that... it must be cool to see somebody in an intimate place before they break.

He's been a relevant artist pretty much my whole life....  one of those guys who feels like he's always been around and will always be around.

The bizarre thing is just this morning in the wake of the shooting, I thought a lot about mortality.... my own, my family, and then famous people. And I think at one point I even thought about celebrities dying unexpectedly.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Two things...

1)There seem to be more "famous" people nowadays

2)With all the social media and news outlets currently, famous deaths are more "celebrated"

True.

But, social media and "famous people" didn't just all of a sudden explode in the last few weeks.

It's just a coincidence that a number of them have died recently.  It happens that way sometimes.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

True.

But, social media and "famous people" didn't just all of a sudden explode in the last few weeks.

It's just a coincidence that a number of them have died recently.  It happens that way sometimes.

I remember the common thread last year is that "2016 sucks" with all the celebrity deaths, but we are seeing a similar amount of deaths this year.  But, yes, they do seem to come in waves.