My First Game In Linclon

I meant to type this a few weeks ago but better late than never.

I flew into Omaha Friday night before the Ark St. game. Coming across from the airport into downtown was impressive. Omaha is really nice and I would love to spend some time there. The drive to Lincoln was nice and I stayed at a hotel near the lincoln airport. To get to the point, I now fully understand why Nebraska fans have high expectations and also why Lincoln is truly a special place in college football. When I drove into Lincoln at 9 pm and saw Memorial Stadium lit up in the night, I was in complete awe. It is beautiful on television, it is unbelievable in person. I live in Orange County, CA and I am surrounded by a plethora of venues. Not one even comes close. Once I stepped onto campus the next day, it was so big time  that it blew my mind how kids can come here and not be excited to run out that tunnel. I was able to walk on the field hours before the game, and talked to some players near the locker room. It was fantastic. The game day experience is awesome and the crowd was so loud. I am jealous of those who will be there this Saturday. All of my friends back home were in complete awe by what I was posting and they could not believe how beautiful it was. I have been a fan since I was child (27 years old) and attended the Holiday Bowls of the last ten years and Ucla game in 2012 but I am still an outsider. That place is special and I fully understand that money can build up facilities but Nebraska is built by success and thats what makes it so great. I know we are not where we want to be but I am completely confident that Nebraska will get there. I hope you all keep your expectations high as well. 

• Plus1 9

What a cool experience and memory for you Vince! I was just back in Lincoln for the weekend from Chicago (born and raised in Nebraska but haven't lived there for about 4 years), and every time I drive in to downtown on I-180 I worry I'll get into an accident because I can't stop staring at the stadium and feeling so happy to be back. 

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Landlord said:

What a cool experience and memory for you Vince! I was just back in Lincoln for the weekend from Chicago (born and raised in Nebraska but haven't lived there for about 4 years), and every time I drive in to downtown on I-180 I worry I'll get into an accident because I can't stop staring at the stadium and feeling so happy to be back. 

It is so awesome how the stadium stands alone. My father and I were so impressed. I can't wait to go back and experience a big game. The Haymarket district is so cool. My father and I had some beers at the Tavern which was fun. By the way, the women in Nebraska are very attractive.

32 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Glad you enjoyed your experience. The Stadium/PBA/Haymarket area is such a gem. I've been too many cities, ones much bigger than Lincoln, we are spoiled. Which I think we take for granted.....I was reminded of this a year ago in Madison.

Guilty. Couldn't agree more

3 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Glad you enjoyed your experience. The Stadium/PBA/Haymarket area is such a gem. I've been too many cities, ones much bigger than Lincoln, we are spoiled. Which I think we take for granted.....I was reminded of this a year ago in Madison.

I lived in Lincoln for a few years and loved my time there, and I fully agree that the stadium and downtown area in general is very special.  I really have not found another college atmosphere like it.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I have been a fan since I was child (27 years old) and attended the Holiday Bowls of the last ten years and Ucla game in 2012 but I am still an outsider.

You're not an outsider, Vince. You're the epitome of Husker Nation!

I love these posts. Being born and raised in Lincoln, working downtown just a half mile from campus I often take it for granted. It's so cool to see somebody experience Memorial for the first time and write up the description of the experience. 

Hope you can come back soon.

• Plus1 3
On 10/5/2017 at 1:10 PM, Undone said:

You're not an outsider, Vince. You're the epitome of Husker Nation!

I love these posts. Being born and raised in Lincoln, working downtown just a half mile from campus I often take it for granted. It's so cool to see somebody experience Memorial for the first time and write up the description of the experience. 

Hope you can come back soon.

Thank you for that, I plan on coming at least once a year. There is nothing like it.