Potential HC candidates not named Frost

When Pelini was fired, I was really hoping that Nebraska would go after David Shaw at Stanford.

Stanford runs the type of offense that most Nebraska fans want and Shaw really gets the most out of his athletes.  

Would be tough to get him since he's coaching at his alma mater, but offer him $4-$5 million.

Nebraska has the resources to try and get a proven Power 5 coach.  We don't have to settle for an up and comer who hasn't proven himself on the national stage.  

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, secretasianman said:

When Pelini was fired, I was really hoping that Nebraska would go after David Shaw at Stanford.

Stanford runs the type of offense that most Nebraska fans want and Shaw really gets the most out of his athletes.  

Would be tough to get him since he's coaching at his alma mater, but offer him $4-$5 million.

Nebraska has the resources to try and get a proven Power 5 coach.  We don't have to settle for an up and comer who hasn't proven himself on the national stage.  

All I can say is: $$$ talks... but when I say $$$; I mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....

I'll never say "I can't see (insert name) leaving (insert team) for (insert other team)"

but I think Shaw is another guy that would only leave his current program for nothing less than a Haurbaugh-like contract.

Personally; I wouldn't mind that, though. Would love the hire.

Its going to be a wild ride.  I can't imagine what lies ahead for this program yet.  Hoping that maybe this upcoming game against Wisky will shed some light on the state of our program.   Are we trending up, staying the same, or dropping?  In my heart I feel that Frost is the next HC for this program.  I also like Paul Johnson.  I would consider Brent Venables.  He has coached under Bob Stoops, Dabo, and Bill Snyder.  Got to believe he has developed alot of styles and knows what works and doesn't.  When everyone says go for broke and throw the money and get the best available, who is that coach?  Were not going to get Urban, Dabo, Saban, Franklin, or Stoops.  Those are among the best right now or have been over the last 10 years.

4 minutes ago, Toe said:

Hard pass on Paul Johnson unless he brings in some actual recruiters. He ain't leaving the state of Georgia anyway, so...

Understand most will feel that way, but this guy can do so much with so much less than others.  I think he can recruit pretty good talent though.

5 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Quite the first post....

I mean, if we're going to go with an inexperienced guy (which is most of that list) why don't we just go with our own?..... Frost.

I like the effort by the OP

But I totally agree with you and immediately thought the same