Will Tanner Lee be a Pro Quarterback?

Hayseed

5 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Define “pro quarterback”.

will he have a cup of coffee in the NFL and be on a roster at some point? Probably, the NFL gives everyone a chance that is tall enough.

will he ever be a real contributor or start? Not a chance. He is horribly inaccurate and makes poor decisions. He’s a bad quarterback.

When has he been horribly inaccurate? Most of the passes hit the receiver in the head. Even when he throws into triple coverage it's right on target.

5 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Define “pro quarterback”.

will he have a cup of coffee in the NFL and be on a roster at some point? Probably, the NFL gives everyone a chance that is tall enough.

will he ever be a real contributor or start? Not a chance. He is horribly inaccurate and makes poor decisions. He’s a bad quarterback.

He isn't a bad quarterback and I wish people would quit saying this. He has played some poor football but he has played some great football at times as well and appears to be learning and improving. He is accurate and makes good decisions most of the time when he gets time to do it. He hasn't been perfect even in this area and heck he has been downright bad at times, but I don't think that makes him a bad QB and I think by the end of the year Lee will be considered one of our best players and it won't be a bad thing 

17 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Uhh so then what about all if the interceptions he's thrown???  Did you forget about all of those????

I was thinking exactly like you, but seeing him with protection and open receivers changed my mind. He has a ways to go but I think there's a chance he could learn to read defenses and be pretty good. I don't think it'll happen over night, but he has some skills.

21 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Uhh so then what about all if the interceptions he's thrown???  Did you forget about all of those????

Didn't forget but I saw in situations he may have thrown a pick before he threw it out of bound last night. It's called improvement, progression, development. This tends to happen as time goes on if work is being done in the backround.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Didn't forget but I saw in situations he may have thrown a pick before he threw it out of bound last night. It's called improvement, progression, development. This tends to happen as time goes on if work is being done in the backround.

He did that several times.... he's a baby quarterback.

No.

He does not make good decisions.

He is not accurate - The NFL is a high-percentage league.  Lee is low-percentage.

He is not precise - even when he is completing passes, they are often not in a place to allow the receiver to keep running or do something after the catch.  For example, the short-ish pass last night that DPE (I thinK) had to jump for so he got undercut before he could come back to the ground.  That kind of pass gets receivers killed.

• Plus1 1