Sexism - It's a Real Thing

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not sure why Teach is getting crap over his post.  He doesn't like watching women's soccer.  So what?  I don't like watching HS girls basketball.  Is that bad?

I also don't like men's soccer.  Not a fan of cricket (the bug or the game) either.  

Thank you though, I appreciate your response.  

35 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No, I was going to drink beer.

And watch the world cup with your soccer friend because you were bored. You know we can read what you posted right? How about you read it again. You went over to your soccer loving friends house who was watching the world cup so you would expect soccer to be on the television, yet you changed the channel because you don't like soccer? 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

And watch the world cup with your soccer friend because you were bored. You know we can read what you posted right? How about you read it again. You went over to your soccer loving friends house who was watching the world cup so you would expect soccer to be on the television, yet you changed the channel because you don't like soccer? 

He changed it.  I don't change channels at other peoples houses.  

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not sure why Teach is getting crap over his post.  He doesn't like watching women's soccer.  So what?  I don't like watching HS girls basketball.  Is that bad?

I don’t think it’s sexist to not like watching women do sports, because they aren’t as fast or strong. Personally, I like to watch the strongest, fastest people in the world do sports, and those people are men.

But it seems to me teach is lying, and I’m guessing that’s why he continues to get crap. He said his soccer loving friend called him and told him he was watching World Cup and asked him to come over, and he was bored so he did. Then he says “oh, women’s world cup,” they change the channel, and now he claims they would have changed the channel no matter what, even though he knew that’s what his friend was planning on watching before he went over there. Why doesn’t he just argue that it’s not sexist to not want to watch women playing soccer?

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t think it’s sexist to not like watching women do sports, because they aren’t as fast or strong. Personally, I like to watch the strongest, fastest people in the world do sports, and those people are men.

But it seems to me teach is lying, and I’m guessing that’s why he continues to get crap. He said his soccer loving friend called him and told him he was watching World Cup and asked him to come over, and he was bored so he did. Then he says “oh, women’s world cup,” they change the channel, and now he claims they would have changed the channel no matter what, even though he knew that’s what his friend was planning on watching before he went over there. Why doesn’t he just argue that it’s not sexist to not want to watch women playing soccer?

Probably because Teach is an extremely sarcastic person with a lot of troll mixed in.  The original outrage over his post was because someone thought it was sexist that he didn't want to watch women's soccer so they changed the channel.  Otherwise why would it be in this thread?

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Because everyone knows that...

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Probably because Teach is an extremely sarcastic person with a lot of troll mixed in.  The original outrage over his post was because someone thought it was sexist that he didn't want to watch women's soccer so they changed the channel.  Otherwise why would it be in this thread?

Yes I know. The lying part was just more annoying. 

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I put his post in this thread because it's sexist. And it has nothing to do with soccer, but rather that he was ok watching the World Cup until he found out it was the Women's World Cup. I understand teach was trying to be funny, but he was just sexist instead. See, we're all supposed to laugh because girls were playing.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I put his post in this thread because it's sexist. And it has nothing to do with soccer, but rather that he was ok watching the World Cup until he found out it was the Women's World Cup. I understand teach was trying to be funny, but he was just sexist instead. See, we're all supposed to laugh because girls were playing.

You can not like a women's sport and the reason not be simply because they're women. There are subtle differences in how men and women play that makes one more or less appealing for someone. It can work the other way too. For example, I like women's volleyball way more than men's.

53 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

You can not like a women's sport and the reason not be simply because they're women. There are subtle differences in how men and women play that makes one more or less appealing for someone. It can work the other way too. For example, I like women's volleyball way more than men's.

teach can make that argument if he wants, but that's definitely not the way he wrote that post. See if you can figure out why the post is meant to be funny.

• Fire 1