Sexism - It's a Real Thing

13 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Not gonna try to answer the first part. Your answer was pretty good.

For the body stuff, you could tell him most parts of a woman's body are heavily scrutinized, even especially as it relates to sex. I've rarely ever heard anyone make fun of the size of a man's thighs or pectoral muscles or ass. That, and there are things said about female genitalia too that I'm not getting into.

I don't think many women make fun of specific mens' penis sizes, unless they've gone through an ugly break up with that man.

They definitely do make fun of man boobs. 

A lot of those dudes at the beach wearing shirts are doing so because someone has made one too many comments about 'moobs'. 

I do, however, agree with the rest of your post. Women get tons of unwanted, unsolicited, and often critical comments not only from the media, but there peers as well, both men & women. Hell, some of the most hurtful things I heard back in high school were when 2 girls would get mad at each other. Nipple type/shape is another one I've heard frequently discussed.

• Plus1 1

The difference in these situations is that a woman's body is made in a way that everyone can see the size, shape...etc. of her breasts.  Nobody can see the size of a guys penis.

So....when a someone comments or teases a woman about the size of her boobs, it's very personal because everyone can see if it's true or not.  When a man is teased about the size of his penis (unless it's in a locker room) nobody knows if it's true or not and it can easily be laughed off.  The guy could be hung like a horse for all anyone knows.

Same is true in the work place.  A woman's body is easily discriminated against.  Not true with men.

I have always thought that the conversation around all of this would change if men's bodies were made in a way that everyone could see the size of a man's penis as he's walking down the street or sitting in his office.

And, I'll guarantee you that if this were the case and a good looking guy would walk in hung like a horse.....women would be commenting on it.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

She is ridiculous.  There was nothing said about looks- anyone who thinks there was is projecting their own issues.  

The comment about her eye make up? Read it. NOTHING said about looks “she

makes an amazing smokey eye” is a compliment honestly - why is nobody worked up about the fact that the joke was about Sandrrs’ constant lying?

The reference to Aunt Lydia?   Nothing to do with looks (unless you're a simpleton and dont know the role of aunts in Handmaiden).  Aunts are the spokepeople for the powerful men above them. Aunts are in charge of all the  “deprograming” of regular women and the reprogramming them to believe that they have no power, have no rights, that the truths that are being told from above are the only truths.  That they arent allowed to question them-nor believe anything other than what theyre told.  They are doing the nasty work of the crude leaders above.  

Her reference shortly after to “whats the version of an uncle Tom only white and female?” Only proves that character not the looks was her point.   

And it was 12 second sandwiched in to a much longer set where she roasted A LOT of other people.  

That the right has this dominating the news cycle right now instead of the lies that our POTUS was spewing from a stage in front of millions last night is disgusting.   

Im going back to my book.  

• Plus1 3

The only reason I watched was because of these 2 posts. I don't like roasts.

None of it was sexist. They were about her having to lie for a living. Spicer got treated the same way.

I do hate when people actually do talk about her looks though. That has nothing to do with anything and all it does make people empathize with her.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I fail to see how this belongs in this topic unless you think it happened because she was sexist or there's some major epidemic of women lying about men raping them.

And almost no one thinks you should always believe the woman.

Because this is where the discussion was about the subject. 

On 5/9/2018 at 6:21 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Some people believe you should always believe the woman. 

I don't know if I've ever seen people claim that myself, but I do believe there's an inclination and/or immediate desire to believe any victim (male or female) is telling the truth. I also think this is particularly true in the case of women saying they were sexually assaulted.

I know it was a status post at one time and caused some debate, and I thought it was a thread of it's own but I can't find it.  So here it fits best ... 

An EXCELLENT read about NBA Coach Becky Hammon and her abilities for a head coaching position by someone who has a right to an opinion.  I hope the fellas who debated that there was no room in a male locker room for a female coach will read this.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/pau-gasol-becky-hammon

• Plus1 1