Sexism - It's a Real Thing

• 1 month later...

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It was an appropriate response. I’m surprised we haven’t heard of the guy getting arrested. 

A lot of people are claiming online that his father paid to fly him to another country in the fallout of all this. Completely unverified social media claim, of course.

But yeah, overall, pretty horrible situation.

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Didn’t know where else to put this. But, this one is interesting. 

Dude I'm fascinated by this. Usually naked photos of babies are just written off and not paid much attention to, but, most of those go in a scrap book. This is obviously a much different situation he didn't have a say in.

I really haven't had much of a chance to read into his lawsuit's claims and what he's saying, so I don't feel like I can comment on it too much. But, I wonder if the courts will side with him or whatever permission was given to use that photo (assuming there was) will be seen as acceptable in a court of law.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Enhance said:

A lot of people are claiming online that his father paid to fly him to another country in the fallout of all this. Completely unverified social media claim, of course.

But yeah, overall, pretty horrible situation.

Dude I'm fascinated by this. Usually naked photos of babies are just written off and not paid much attention to, but, most of those go in a scrap book. This is obviously a much different situation he didn't have a say in.

I really haven't had much of a chance to read into his lawsuit's claims and what he's saying, so I don't feel like I can comment on it too much. But, I wonder if the courts will side with him or whatever permission was given to use that photo (assuming there was) will be seen as acceptable in a court of law.

He did have 3 or 4 re-enactments of that photo over the years, so I wonder how the judge will take that into consideration. 

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

He did have 3 or 4 re-enactments of that photo over the years, so I wonder how the judge will take that into consideration. 

Good point. Just read this on Yahoo from a lawyer explaining why he thinks Spencer faces an uphill battle.

Third, though the complaint makes a great deal about the lack of a written release, it appears that Mr. Spencer’s parents consented to the photograph at the time — and were paid for it. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, is Mr. Elden’s own conduct long after he was aware of the photo and how it was used, assuming initial reports of his conduct are accurate, including getting a Nirvana-related tattoo and posing repeatedly [on four different occasions to commemorate Nevermind’s anniversary] to recreate the photograph well into his adulthood — and the fact that he has never litigated this in the intervening decades.

• Plus1 2
48 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Interesting exchange between Kristi Noem and conservative talker Walsh.  I think Kristi wins the final round.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sd-gov-kristi-noem-slams-140933914.html

How it started

How it ended:

I will never get used to the fact that this is how elected officials and "news media" talk to each other.  

I'm really disheartened with the political climate in America.  I'm really starting to not give a s#!t.  It's all childish.  Let the f#&%ing thing burn...

• Plus1 1

On 8/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, funhusker said:

I will never get used to the fact that this is how elected officials and "news media" talk to each other.  

I'm really disheartened with the political climate in America.  I'm really starting to not give a s#!t.  It's all childish.  Let the f#&%ing thing burn...

Back a long time ago - the media would hide 'sensitive' information  - FDR's wheelchair,  JFK back issues (among other things).  Now it is all about expose, expose and the politicians for the most part respond in kind.  Dog eat dog.  

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Erin goes on to list some of the encounters she's had with D-Bags commenting on her clothes over the years.

It's amazing what some men feel entitled to put out of their mouths.

While I'm sure that plenty of women spend plenty of time dressing well with the knowledge that they're presenting themselves as attractive, that's not a problem and is totally their right to do so. And even then, they could wear a burlap sack and still have men treating them the same as if they were wearing a bikini.

My girlfriend and I were just in downtown Tampa last week and had to go pick something up from a friend at a bar. She was in sweats, a hoodie and a hat, but had to wait outside because she didn't have her ID. In the 1.5 minutes it took me to run in and out, she got propositioned/cat called/unnecessarily advanced on by four dudes, while wearing pajamas with no makeup. People just be that way.