Racism - It's a real thing.

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Imagine being so privileged that you and hundreds(?) of your peers think it's OK to get in someone's grill like this.

It's pretty clear that they were there to send a message. "We're white, you're not, so we have the right to disrupt your peaceful gathering."

You don't gather gather around a group of Native Americans and chant "build that wall" just because. And to think, these fine young chaps were there to support the sanctity of life.

Is this privilege too? Threatening harm to a guy, and his property?

The videos that have been discussed on here are disgusting, and embarrassing. Attributing it to privilege is lazy. And, while mostly white, there were minorities in the group as well. They benefit from white privilege via proximity?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Is this privilege too? Threatening harm to a guy, and his property?

The videos that have been discussed on here are disgusting, and embarrassing. Attributing it to privilege is lazy. And, while mostly white, there were minorities in the group as well. They benefit from white privilege via proximity?

It's absolutely not lazy. It's absolutely privilege to stare right into someone's face and invade their personal space like that. Where did I say white privilege?

I'm talking about the types of kids who think it's OK to stare someone down like that for no reason. That comes from a position of privilege, where they don't fear any repercussions for their behavior. Because they may never have faced any serious ones.

Nothing I've seen in the videos you posted has changed my opinion on that. I'm guessing Uncle Jimbo isn't giving this man the benefit of the doubt, because he explicitly states they said "build that wall:"

• Thanks 2

Just now, Clifford Franklin said:

It's absolutely not lazy. It's absolutely privilege to stare right into someone's face and invade their personal space like that. Where did I say white privilege?

I'm talking about the types of kids who think it's OK to stare someone down like that for no reason. That comes from a position of privilege, where they don't fear any repercussions for their behavior. Because they may never have faced any serious ones.

Nothing I've seen in the videos you posted has changed my opinion on that. I'm guessing Uncle Jimbo isn't giving this man the benefit of the doubt, because he explicitly states they said "build that wall:"

Except he approached them, and specifically approached that kid with his little drum. It's painfully obvious in the video.

Now, if they chanted "build the wall" in the videos (which I didn't hear), or something racist, then I suppose they should be held accountable. But they were not the instigators. As the man with his drum approached, there was another man with him following close behind with a camera. They knew what they were doing, and so did those that cut up the video to fit their narratives.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Except he approached them, and specifically approached that kid with his little drum. It's painfully obvious in the video. 

Now, if they chanted "build the wall" in the videos (which I didn't hear), or something racist, then I suppose they should be held accountable. But they were not the instigators. As the man with his drum approached, there was another man with him following close behind with a camera. They knew what they were doing, and so did those that cut up the video to fit their narratives. 

OK, fine. If you want to talk about specifics, he approached the young man.

The image of a young white man blocking the path of a Native American who is peacefully demonstrating outside and refusing to yield is still not something I'm comfortable with, nor should you.

That's not the way you should treat an elder.

That's not the way you should treat a veteran.

That's not the way you should treat another human being. It's being a f#cking dick.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

The image of a young white man blocking the path of a Native American who is peacefully demonstrating outside and refusing to yield is still not something I'm comfortable with, nor should you.

That's not the way you should treat another human being. It's being a f#cking dick.

Of course the specifics matter when some are trying to ruin the kid's life! 

I would completely agree with you, if the altercation wasn't instigated by the older man.

If a white guy w/ an acoustic guitar approached a BLM group like that, and got his a$$ beat, the narrative would of been that he had deserved it.... And in no way am I suggesting that should of happened to the elderly man, just an example to show the clear double standard.

• Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

1.  He went to him and literally stopped and stared at him

2.  The young kid was like "WTF" I would have been like that as well (with that said, I would have just moved because I would have felt weird)

3.  How the f#&% do you know the dude is a vet...that is such a "please agree with me response"...it isn't like he was f#&%ing Rambo looking for a ride outside or Portland after finding out the last guy from his squad died of cancer.

4.  They both treated the other like morons...one stood there smiling while the other stood there beating a drum.  You can't have it both ways.

This is literally the case of two people from totally different generations being morons.  One should have stepped one way and the other should have stepped the other way...also cell phones need technology that only lets you record/take pictures of your kids, sporting events, recipes and boobs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1