Racism - It's a real thing.

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I suppose it’s wrong or immoral if you believe Trump is wrong and/or immoral.

I get what you are saying, but when people are like "Oh he had a MAGA hat on, he got (or will get) what he deserved" I think of the sick f#&% jobs that harass women when they dress a certain way because she "wanted it" and she "Deserved it" or "I had to let that lady know she was dressed like a slut and is immoral" 

That kind of stuff is what crazy people do.  With that said I would never buy any Presidents "gear" and I also would not dress to show off my body (well...maybe a little)

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I’ve been called worse.  You’ll have to do better to get under my skin.

Would probably make more sense to hire a security firm instead.

Probably would!

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I’ve been called worse.  You’ll have to do better to get under my skin.

Would probably make more sense to hire a security firm instead.

Wasn’t trying to get under your skin. Just like pointing out how Liberals like to believe they are morally better than those who disagree with them. Generally the first thing they do is use the racist card. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get what you are saying, but when people are like "Oh he had a MAGA hat on, he got (or will get) what he deserved" I think of the sick f#&% jobs that harass women when they dress a certain way because she "wanted it" and she "Deserved it" or "I had to let that lady know she was dressed like a slut and is immoral" 

That kind of stuff is what crazy people do.  With that said I would never buy any Presidents "gear" and I also would not dress to show off my body (well...maybe a little)

Probably would!

Kids make mistakes.  Which I hope he sees this as one.  I’m not optimistic based on his statement and the news that a PR firm is allegedly involved.  But the fact is he’s wearing something in support of an immoral man.  There is no gray area there and it’s guilt by association.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Wasn’t trying to get under your skin. Just like pointing out how Liberals like to believe they are morally better than those who disagree with them. Generally the first thing they do is use the racist card. 

At the same time, conservatives don't like to own a lot of the racism inherent in their base.

• Plus1 3

I have posted several times in this thread and using the racist card when I did was far from the first thing I did when someone disagreed with me.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Kids make mistakes.  Which I hope he sees this as one.  I’m not optimistic based on his statement and the news that a PR firm is allegedly involved.  But the fact is he’s wearing something in support of an immoral man.  There is no gray area there and it’s guilt by association.

Honestly...if that is really your view...you must walk around naked.  Most of the s#!t we wear is made by companies with "immoral practices"  Or maybe your make your own clothes and if you do...I could use a nice blazer 42 long, in a dark blue.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Honestly...if that is really your view...you must walk around naked.  Most of the s#!t we wear is made by companies with "immoral practices"  Or maybe your make your own clothes and if you do...I could use a nice blazer 42 long, in a dark blue.

I think you know what I mean but it’s not really worth arguing

19 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I can’t disagree more with this. The argument has no logic. I wear Nike. Nike supports forced child labor. Therefore I support forced child labor. 

• Plus1 2

I can’t disagree more with this. The argument has no logic. I wear Nike. Nike supports forced child labor. Therefore I support forced child labor. 

Do you wear Nike as a symbol of who you are?  Do you go to rallies and unapologetically defend Phil Knight no matter what he says or does?  

Again, I think you know what is being said here.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

So... this was presented in the frame of reference of the conflict at our border?  How did he frame that part of the sermon?  What was his call to action?  What was his name?

Well....even if I remembered his name I wouldn’t put it on a public board without his concent. Kind of a reduculous question that only indicates that you don’t believe me. 

First if all, I have never sat in mass with a priest ranting about politics. So, no...the sermon was not all specifically about the refugees on the southern border. 

What was talked about was how we as Christians are called to be compassionate people and not just towards other Catholics and Christians, but to everyone. At that point, he gave examples which included people in need like refugees. 

Contrary to popular belief, priests don’t spend their whole time ranting about politics and condemning everyone except fetuses. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....even if I remembered his name I wouldn’t put it on a public board without his concent. Kind of a reduculous question that only indicates that you don’t believe me. 

First if all, I have never sat in mass with a priest ranting about politics. So, no...the sermon was not all specifically about the refugees on the southern border. 

What was talked about was how we as Christians are called to be compassionate people and not just towards other Catholics and Christians, but to everyone. At that point, he gave examples which included people in need like refugees. 

Contrary to popular belief, priests don’t spend their whole time ranting about politics and condemning everyone except fetuses. 

This is well said.