Racism - It's a real thing.

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....even if I remembered his name I wouldn’t put it on a public board without his concent. Kind of a reduculous question that only indicates that you don’t believe me. 

First if all, I have never sat in mass with a priest ranting about politics. So, no...the sermon was not all specifically about the refugees on the southern border. 

What was talked about was how we as Christians are called to be compassionate people and not just towards other Catholics and Christians, but to everyone. At that point, he gave examples which included people in need like refugees.  

and condemning everyone except fetuses.  

I specifically asked if it was a sermon about the unnecessary cruelty at the border:

I'll even throw out there that if anyone who regularly attends Mass can tell me when the Father gave a sermon about the atrocities committed at the border, and how inhumane we're treating these refugees, I'll rescind that. And it doesn't even have to include references to Matthew 19:14.

You responded:

This Sunday.

Do you want to rephrase that answer?

Contrary to popular belief, priests don’t spend their whole time ranting about politics

But many of the people who go to those churches do. And the Fathers in those churches have a responsibility to shepherd the hearts and minds of the people in their flocks, lest atrocities continue to happen on their watch.  Matthew 19: 16-24, and all that.

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I specifically asked if it was a sermon about the unnecessary cruelty at the border:

You responded:

Do you want to rephrase that answer?

But many of the people who go to those churches do. And the Fathers in those churches have a responsibility to shepherd the hearts and minds of the people in their flocks, lest atrocities continue to happen on their watch.  Matthew 19: 16-24, and all that.

Seriously....you’re better than that. 

53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Seriously....you’re better than that.  

I don't know man.

The wholehearted, unapologetic embrace by the broader Religious Right - particularly evangelicals but not necessarily Catholics - is just about the damndest contradiction I've ever seen in my life.

But I suppose with Christian hero Mike Pence at his side, he can do no wrong.

Like, I'll never understand this. These people are insane. Isn't there at least some small impetus on religious peoples to reflect a little bit about the president and his faults? To me they possess an almost pathological inability to analyze or care about how he affects everyone else. As long as they get what they want, they don't seem to care one bit.

Millions of Americans Believe God Made Trump President

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I don't know man.

The wholehearted, unapologetic embrace by the broader Religious Right - particularly evangelicals but not necessarily Catholics - is just about the damndest contradiction I've ever seen in my life.

Like, I'll never understand this. These people are insane. Isn't there at least some small impetus on religious peoples to reflect a little bit about the president and his faults? To me they possess an almost pathological inability to analyze or care about how he affects everyone else. As long as they get what they want, they don't seem to care one bit.

You're right. The hypocrisy is undeniable.

(We agree on something! :cheers)

8 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I don't know man.

Oh, I completely agree there is a hypocrisy within evangelical Christian voters. 

My post though was specifically about what I’m hearing in my Catholic Church on Sunday’s. 

What im saying is there is a hypocrisy among catholic trump voters and what I heard last Sunday in church. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I don't know man.

It has A LOT to do with where a specific Catholic church (or likely any other denomination) is located.  I can tell you with 100% certainty that the vast majority of Catholics that attend my church in a metro area don't hold the same opinions about the president or immigrants as the people that attend certain Catholic churches in small town Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It has A LOT to do with where a specific Catholic church (or likely any other denomination) is located.  I can tell you with 100% certainty that the vast majority of Catholics that attend my church in a metro area don't hold the same opinions about the president or immigrants as the people that attend certain Catholic churches in small town Nebraska.

I think that is pretty accurate.

• Plus1 1

A MAGA hat is not a regular article of clothing, you wear it to make a political statement. Its like if I was wearing a Hillary Clinton pin on my chest, not like wearing a piece of Nike clothing.

I think God did make Donald Trump president....to show us the error of our ways and tell us its time we fix things the right way! Contrast provides clarity amirite? 

• Plus1 2