Racism - It's a real thing.

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

No your opinion is just so ridiculous we think you are trolling. 

Right...because my opinion doesn't match up with yours...

It is okay, I get it, I do.  I think a lot of your opinions are loony as a toon and often times I don't think you are actually being who you really are (not YOU but the general you) but I don't run out to post how naive and trollish you are.  Because I get it, you think differently than I do and more than likely we won't change each others minds even if one of us is" right."

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Right...because my opinion doesn't match up with yours...

It is okay, I get it, I do.  I think a lot of your opinions are loony as a toon and often times I don't think you are actually being who you really are (not YOU but the general you) but I don't run out to post how naive and trollish you are.  Because I get it, you think differently than I do and more than likely we won't change each others minds even if one of us is right.

Thats good for you, but I don't like to settle. The stance you are taking is ridiculous and I won't back down from holding you accountable to that. Now I agree that owning a MAGA hat does not mean you are completely aligned with Donald Trumps morals, but it does mean you support Donald Trump as president. You aren't wearing it because it looks cool, a reason you may purchase other clothing. It is a political symbol, a pair of nike socks is not. You may choose nike socks for the comfort, or the look or the durability. There is only 1 reason you choose a MAGA hat, and that is because you support Trump. Is it inherently wrong to support Trump? Does supporting Trump mean you support bad things? Not necissarily, but if you wear a MAGA hat, you are signaling you support Trump.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Thats good for you, but I don't like to settle. The stance you are taking is ridiculous and I won't back down from holding you accountable to that. Now I agree that owning a MAGA hat means you are completely aligned with Donald Trumps morals, but it does mean you support Donald Trump as president. You aren't wearing it because it looks cool, a reason you may purchase other clothing. It is a political symbol, a pair of nike socks is not. You may choose nike socks for the comfort, or the look or the durability. There is only 1 reason you choose a MAGA hat, and that is because you support Trump. Is it inherently wrong to support Trump? Does supporting Trump mean you support bad things? Not necissarily, but if you wear a MAGA hat, you are signaling you support Trump.

Would you say you...Never Back Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCWfPk9_48

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Opposing opinions is not trolling.

I said the genre as a whole. It's really an inarguable point.

It's totally arguable.  You aren't aware enough to know that there are Christian rappers obviously - where their whole set list is aligned to the ideals so many people here talk about.  And there are others that don't fit the stereotype you've latched onto.  

If your arguement is that someone that wears an RKelly shirt is condoning and publicizing child molestation I'd agree with you.  His actions are well known, and anybody that makes a decision to put on gear with his name or catch phrases on it is aligning themselves to his actions and his reputation.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

It has A LOT to do with where a specific Catholic church (or likely any other denomination) is located.  I can tell you with 100% certainty that the vast majority of Catholics that attend my church in a metro area don't hold the same opinions about the president or immigrants as the people that attend certain Catholic churches in small town Nebraska.

I know there is a difference between certain diocese.  We are in the Grand Island diocese (which put me squarely in small town Nebraska ) and I can say that I have never sat in church and felt like I was being preached to in any way that would indicate the church has the same beliefs of how we should treat people in need as this administration.  

Now, that is completely different than if you polled the people sitting in the pews....and that's where I'm contending the hypocrisy is at. 

• Plus1 2

I do know plenty of liberals who are quick to jump on boycotting bandwagons as long as it's a product (Chik Fil-et, Hobby Lobby) they never use.

Given the chance to boycott Apple for using modern slave labor to make those tablets, phones and laptops, they suddenly feel less inclined to toe that social justice line. 

• Plus1 2

Also....at this point you'd have to be pretty naive to wear a Make America Great Again hat and expect people to think that you, like most Americans, simply want America to be Great.

Of course the people who wear those hats in public are not naive at all. They know and expect the responses they'll get. 

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I do know plenty of liberals who are quick to jump on boycotting bandwagons as long as it's a product (Chik Fil-et, Hobby Lobby) they never use.

Given the chance to boycott Apple for using modern slave labor to make those tablets, phones and laptops, they suddenly feel less inclined to toe that social justice line. 

Yep.

52 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

No its not. You don't listen to rap music and are makimg generalizations. There are so many rap records just this year that don't support the things you talked about. Try After the Rain by the Underachievers.

I've listened to plenty of rap music. Plenty.

38 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

It's totally arguable.  You aren't aware enough to know that there are Christian rappers obviously

Christian rappers is the hill you want to die on here?....

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yup.