Racism - It's a real thing.

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This is definitely how I look when I’m in silent prayer trying to diffuse tense situations.

47c012d6-5cba-4d68-a78d-922895f38fde.png

Seriously... As BS and lawerly as his "statement" was , you're taking a picture from a single moment in time and trying to encapsulate a minutes long event into it. T-Mart's throwing motion says hi!

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Seriously... As BS and lawerly as his "statement" was , you're taking a picture from a single moment in time and trying to encapsulate a minutes long event into it. T-Mart's throwing motion says hi!

I’ve seen the entire video. The same thing could be said for full minutes of the video. A huge part of the argument is how the staredown started, and this is from before it started.

https://www.thechestore.com/

Those shirts are some of the most popular "political" shirts out there but I bet 99% of the people that wear them don't support Che let alone know that he was a pretty ruthless killer...they buy it because for some reason it seems to have fallen into favor with certain sub-culture groups.

I bet 99% of the people that own a Che shirt don't even know what f#&%ing country the guy is from.  Most of the stuff we buy to wear is not really about true support, it is to fit in, it is to look cool.  I have a Jays hat...I hate CU basketball but I liked the hat and happened to be going to a Jays game that night.  I bought a RUSH shirt and a Pink Floyd shirt at a concert...not to support the band and give them more money so that they could keep making music...I bought it because I thought they looked cool and my friends bought them too.

The only things I buy that are for "support" are my boxer-briefs (I just checked, I have my Che Boxers on)

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The old guy walked right up to him, and put the drum in his face. Indisputable.

The kid’s letter is BS. That’s what I’m disputing. He wasn’t praying or trying to diffuse anything with this goofy a$$ grin on before the guy approached him. I don’t think he wrote much of it.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’ve seen the entire video. The same thing could be said for full minutes of the video. A huge part of the argument is how the staredown started, and this is from before it started.

Not really. Do you just assume that every person you're talking to has no internal monologue going on, which isn't betrayed by their facial expressions?

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

The old guy walked right up to him, and put the drum in his face. Indisputable.

He walked towards the crowd for sure, and it does appear that he moved towards the kid.

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This is definitely how I look when I’m in silent prayer trying to diffuse tense situations.

47c012d6-5cba-4d68-a78d-922895f38fde.png

Prayer is an odd one...I have seen people on planes close their eyes really hard and scream out prayer...I have seen people cry while they pray...I have seen people pray on their knees, pray while lying down...I have seen people ride their wheelchair up to the alter and start shouting prayer.  I know when I pray, it is very informal and I "chat" to my grandma who is dead, I smile, I laugh, I shrug my shoulders and I even roll my eyes, it is like I am talking to her again"

With that said, I don't think this kid was really praying but that is just my thought on it.

23 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Even if this kid did do something egregious to any of the groups at this event he shouldn't have been doxxed, or any of his Identity revealed. Black, white, brown or purple kids deserve to learn from their mistakes, be taught the error of their ways, and not have the rest of their life in jeopardy because they made a stupid kid mistake.

Doxxers in general are the scum of the Earth.

I'm a little less upset when it's someone like that lawyer screaming obviously racist things in public at people preparing his food. When someone like that get their identity outed, I should probably feel worse on principle than I do.

But these kids? Come on. Don't do that. Online mob culture is definitely getting way more toxic in this regard.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Clifford Franklin said:

I'm a little less upset when it's someone like that lawyer screaming obviously racist things in public at people preparing his food. When someone like that get their identity outed, I should probably feel worse on principle than I do.

But these kids? Come on. Don't do that. Online mob culture is definitely getting way more toxic in this regard.

It is really interesting because HS kids have pretty much grown up with wanting social currency (followers) but there can be such a evil side to it.

14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This "privilege" isn't reserved for white people. During the same event everyone initially rushed to the defense of the Native American before finding out he flat out lied. 

Left wing media constantly comes to do the defense of minorities, whether it's appropriate, or not....

It's hilarious that this person seems to think that the kid was given the benefit of the doubt through this ordeal, when it couldn't have been further from the truth. What a damn joke.

He's a never Trump conservative.

Nobody is arguing this applies to white people only. I agree with you there.

You've got to be able to call out your own, I think, is an important lesson in this.

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The kid’s letter is BS. That’s what I’m disputing. He wasn’t praying or trying to diffuse anything with this goofy a$$ grin on before the guy approached him. I don’t think he wrote much of it.

Agreed, the letter is mostly BS. But this kid did make a hand gesture to one of his class mates to tell them not to engage further with the "go back to Europe" guy, so I'm not going to argue about what he was and wasn't doing in his head. Much as I won't argue about Phillip's thoughts on what he was doing.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The Native American lied after the fact. Why aren’t you talking about that? Doesn’t fit your narrative?

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

It became a huge issue with the Boston Marathon bombing. Reddit was going nuts blaming innocent people they thought were the bombers, and they never even notice the actually bombers.