Racism - It's a real thing.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If everyone could use their imaginations, and picture the races being flipped in this scenario.

There's a group of black kids with BLM hats on. They're mind their own business after finishing up a school field trip. Some older white guy comes walking right into the middle of the group playing his acoustic guitar. He singles out one black kid, and puts the headstock right in his face while playing the guitar. The black kid stands his ground, smiling like an idiot. Other than that nothing happens....

What do you think the story line would be? You think you'd hear anything along the lines of "That little smart a$$! What's he doing mocking the elderly white guy? Get out of his damn way you direspectful s#!t!... You're are sooooo racist!",.... "Somebody needs to punch that kid in the face"....

No. The white guy would of been labeled a racist in that instance as well.

What kind of hat are the kids wearing?

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If everyone could use their imaginations, and picture the races being flipped in this scenario.

There's a group of black kids with BLM hats on. They're mind their own business after finishing up a school field trip. Some older white guy comes walking right into the middle of the group playing his acoustic guitar. He singles out one black kid, and puts the headstock right in his face while playing the guitar. The black kid stands his ground, smiling like an idiot. Other than that nothing happens....

What do you think the story line would be? You think you'd hear anything along the lines of "That little smart a$$! What's he doing mocking the elderly white guy? Get out of his damn way you direspectful s#!t!... You're are sooooo racist!",.... "Somebody needs to punch that kid in the face"....

No. The white guy would of been labeled a racist in that instance as well.

lol

You have a wild imagination if you think that’s what would happen. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It became a huge issue with the Boston Marathon bombing. Reddit was going nuts blaming innocent people they thought were the bombers, and they never even notice the actually bombers.

Oof I remember that. Total dumpster fire. 

After that I think they stepped up mod enforcement policies because they found out Reddit can actively make an ongoing crisis situation worse.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

lol. 

The police would have been called. Immediately. There may have been deaths among the kids. 

It is interesting because I 100% believe the cops would be called in BB's post and I do believe there would be death threats.  I also think about 3 days later that kid with the guitar in his face would be on Ellen and Jimmy and be all over the media in a very positive light with "stars" reaching out to them.