Racism - It's a real thing.

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lol, no. 

Black kids are more likely to get shot while unarmed, shot for the same crimes, arrested for the same crimes. If you think nothing happens, even at this level of what happened with these kids, to 100 Black kids in BLM and Malcolm X hats shouting at a national monument where they don’t have a permit for a planned rally, I don’t know what to say other than to laugh bitterly.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is interesting because I 100% believe the cops would be called in BB's post and I do believe there would be death threats.  I also think about 3 days later that kid with the guitar in his face would be on Ellen and Jimmy and be all over the media in a very positive light with "stars" reaching out to them.

They’d be called on the Black kids. But you might be right about Ellen. 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

The Native American lied after the fact. Why aren’t you talking about that? Doesn’t fit your narrative?

It’s annoying how often that term is used and how often it’s used incorrectly.

I don’t have a “narrative.” I post opinions on things as I see them when I see them. 

The Native American guy made it sound like things were worse than they were and he shouldn’t be getting credit.

The person who took the original video should be blaster for not including the few minutes she/he has leading up to it (I believe they cut it off and not the media but I could be wrong).

The 4 Black guys were awful and I wouldn’t mind if they lose their jobs.

The Native American guy is not to blame for the kids’ reacting by chanting around him, including mock “Native American” chants.

The main kid, in turn, made it seem better than it was.

And as an aside I do think wearing MAGA hats to a pro life rally is, at best, extremely tacky. It takes attention away from the issue. I also think it’s a weird rally for teenagers to attend. I almost attended an anti abortion protest as a teen and I know now I had no business being at something like that. In case anyone takes the last sentence wrong, I don’t mean they should be disallowed. I think they should be sent on mission trips and disaster relief trips and food banks and homeless shelters. I’m guessing some of these kids go to those too, though. 

23 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

And as an aside I do think wearing MAGA hats to a pro life rally is, at best, extremely tacky. It takes attention away from the issue. I also think it’s a weird rally for teenagers to attend. I almost attended an anti abortion protest as a teen and I know now I had no business being at something like that. In case anyone takes the last sentence wrong, I don’t mean they should be disallowed. I think they should be sent on mission trips and disaster relief trips and food banks and homeless shelters. I’m guessing some of these kids go to those too, though. 

I would imagine the school had a hand in "insisting" that they go. The Pro Life movement is a huge deal in the catholic church (as it should be, imo).

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I would imagine the school had a hand in "insisting" that they go. The Pro Life movement is a huge deal in the catholic church (as it should be, imo).

I figure they and the parents did. I don’t question the kids wanting to go to DC. I was wrong in what I said earlier about them not giving a s#!t. I cared about it as a teen. It’s kinda hard to imagine teen boys understanding it well (I didn’t myself) or caring a lot about it though.

So what I question is the people sending them to it (instead of just talking about it at church), and especially being ok with them wearing political paraphernalia at the actual march.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I figure they and the parents did. I don’t question the kids wanting to go to DC. I was wrong in what I said earlier about them not giving a s#!t. I cared about it as a teen. It’s kinda hard to imagine teen boys understanding it well (I didn’t myself) or caring a lot about it though.

So what I question is the people sending them to it (instead of just talking about it at church), and especially being ok with them wearing political paraphernalia at the actual march.

Oh, I highly doubt they understand the significance, or impact of what they're fighting for. It's no different than any other child, in any other household, though. Your values are heavily influenced by what your parents believe.

This isn't racist but provides some context as to the behavior of the teenagers.   This person, linds, goes on to have a couple follow up tweets regarding the video.

This in no way absolves the Black Israelites from their disgusting rhetoric that kicked off the whole thing.  It's just a different perspective of whether these young men were just casually minding their own business while on the DC Mall marching for life.

• Plus1 2