Racism - It's a real thing.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

This isn't racist but provides some context as to the behavior of the teenagers.   This person, linds, goes on to have a couple follow up tweets regarding the video.

This in no way absolves the Black Israelites from their disgusting rhetoric that kicked off the whole thing.  It's just a different perspective of whether these young men were just casually minding their own business while on the DC Mall marching for life.

I disagree, I feel the video adds nothing to the conversation.

1) It's difficult to determine if its the same group. 2) The video only shows the young women walking away- perhaps they said nothing as they passed, perhaps they mocked Trump. 

9 minutes ago, Caveman said:

I disagree, I feel the video adds nothing to the conversation.

1) It's difficult to determine if its the same group. 2) The video only shows the young women walking away- perhaps they said nothing as they passed, perhaps they mocked Trump. 

I'm sure if there was an entire different group of teenage boys wearing MAGA hats on the DC Mall at the same time as the Covington Catholic teenage boys were there, we would have heard about it by now..

You're right about the second part.  It only shows them walking away and we don't know anything leading up to the video.  The reaction of the female in the video leads me to stand by my initial thoughts.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

This isn't racist but provides some context as to the behavior of the teenagers.   This person, linds, goes on to have a couple follow up tweets regarding the video.

This in no way absolves the Black Israelites from their disgusting rhetoric that kicked off the whole thing.  It's just a different perspective of whether these young men were just casually minding their own business while on the DC Mall marching for life.

Not arguing either way on this one. Just seems that we consider anyone with a camera a reputable source. 

69F7940B-0734-4E46-B94F-FC40227F8AB6.jpeg

38 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm sure if there was an entire different group of teenage boys wearing MAGA hats on the DC Mall at the same time as the Covington Catholic teenage boys were there, we would have heard about it by now..

You're right about the second part.  It only shows them walking away and we don't know anything leading up to the video.  The reaction of the female in the video leads me to stand by my initial thoughts.

To be honest, I do not know the attendance or demographics for the event, but a pro-lifer wearing a MAGA hat shouldn't raise too many eyebrows. 

True, the women were disgusted. Although I would argue that many people (especially on social media) treat others of differing political opinions with extreme contempt and hostility. Reactions are often not proportionate to the actual or perceived wrongdoings. These partial video clips are useless for establishing facts, their posters only seem interested in viewership and bolstering their own beliefs. 

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's not that teenage boys shouldn't be responsible for their actions, it's that teenage boys will always do something stupid and obnoxious.

I say this as a former teenage boy. 

Yep...this is bad pick up game 101...

You act crazy, loud and insult the girls...thinking it will get them interested.  

23 hours ago, Waldo said:

Not arguing either way on this one. Just seems that we consider anyone with a camera a reputable source. 

69F7940B-0734-4E46-B94F-FC40227F8AB6.jpeg

Thank God for people that have no life and have the time to go through five years worth of tweets just to find something they can use against someone.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The search only takes a few seconds...

Well I guess I have no time to learn how to be computer savvy then because Im so busy doing more important things.:lol:

I guess I should clarify, I didn't mean Waldo has no life.  I meant the person who sifted through 5 years worth of tweets to find that.  I know it just takes a quick google search now that its out there, but Im not sure of anyway to search someone's twitter for racist tweets in seconds. 

5 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Well I guess I have no time to learn how to be computer savvy then because Im so busy doing more important things.:lol:

I guess I should clarify, I didn't mean Waldo has no life.  I meant the person who sifted through 5 years worth of tweets to find that.  I know it just takes a quick google search now that its out there, but Im not sure of anyone to search someone's twitter for racist tweets in seconds. 

1. Go to Twitter
  2. Search for the word you're looking for
  3. Use the search options to narrow to only the account you want to search
  4. ???
  5. Profit!