Racism - It's a real thing.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:46 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I agree with the one who isn’t apologizing. 

This whole thing is swinging to the realm of ridiculousness. I'm still waiting for someone to go off on Robert Downey Jr. For Tropic Thunder.

• Fire 1

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

He's not looking "for a shot."  He doesn't need game film.  NFL teams know what he can do.  

No they don't.  They know what he could do.

There is a reason why teams, when they call back players who have not played in a few years, have them workout first.

For instance, years ago I could dunk a basketball (not a cool dunk, but a lame one and everything needed to be perfect, like the gym fans could not even be on) but guess what I can't do now?  Yep, I can't dunk.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

He's not looking "for a shot."  He doesn't need game film.  NFL teams know what he can do.  

Which isn't much, which is why he doesn't have a job (aside from when he turned down an offer). His  baggage, whether you think it should be considered that or not, outweighs his talent. 

If Patrick Mahomes kneeled, do you think he'd be out of a job?

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Which isn't much, which is why he doesn't have a job (aside from when he turned down an offer). His  baggage, whether you think it should be considered that or not, outweighs his talent. 

If Patrick Mahomes kneeled, do you think he'd be out of a job?

I can't argue with anyone about whether they think he's good enough to play in the NFL.  I personally don't think he is.  But I will say he is better than a lot of QB's that are in the league making a ton of money.  

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No they don't.  They know what he could do.

There is a reason why teams, when they call back players who have not played in a few years, have them workout first.

For instance, years ago I could dunk a basketball (not a cool dunk, but a lame one and everything needed to be perfect, like the gym fans could not even be on) but guess what I can't do now?  Yep, I can't dunk.

Fair point.  I just meant that him playing in the AAF would give him nothing to really show an NFL team that they haven't already seen or could see during a private workout.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Fair point.  I just meant that him playing in the AAF would give him nothing to really show an NFL team that they haven't already seen or could see during a private workout.

It would probably get him killed!  That AAF league doesn't seem to care if the QB lives or dies!