Racism - It's a real thing.

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Could be true. He pays his fines, he's allowed to go free.

There's a quote out there from a Chicago city official that basically says the public is not in danger from Jussie Smollett, so they're letting it go. Says he's not exonerated.

I could see Smollett coming up with some hare-brained scheme to "raise awareness" or whatever the goal was, just to be a drama queen maybe, and it gets way out of hand because when you allege this kind of assault, it turns out the police are going to fully investigate it. Weird, right?!?!?  So they do, they find out it's a hoax, and some prosecutor slaps all those allegations on him.  Someone with a cooler head says, hey - we don't need to go this far against this guy. Just give him time served & forfeit all his bail money.

And that's how it ends. Smollett claims vindication, the DA doesn't waste resources prosecuting a fake case, and life goes on.

Agreed. As you said, Smollett could easily fall on the "raising awareness" card and he's already played the victim card through his press release. The city is really in a no win situation, as you stated they know he's not a harm to anyone and if they throw the book at him they'd probably end up being painted in a worse light by those that have stood in Jussie's corner this whole time. They'll use this decision to say that he was innocent, but hopefully most will see through the B.S. Wash your hands of the situation and move on to more pressing matters. 

Between the accusation and the dropped charges out of the blue, this is by far the most bizarre case I’ve ever seen and heard. 

The letter that he sent to himself supposedly,  if he sent that to himself isn’t that some sort of mail fraud and terroristic (hoax) threats?

Here are text messages and an email conversation between Tina Tchen and Kim Fox

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-kim-foxx-texts-emails-jussie-smollett-20190313-htmlstory.html

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

None of this makes any sense. The CPD must have made some HUGE mistakes, and a lot of the info that leaked to the press must have been false.

has anyone seen all the Tweets alleging the Obama connection?

Why did Holder already call a press conference to distance himself from the dismissal?...

Just now, knapplc said:

I follow over 150 international, national, state and local news agencies on twitter. If a reputable source was covering that news, I'd see it.

I am happy for you...

but it is still trending and Holder has called the dismissal a "whitewash" during a press conference

Just now, DevoHusker said:

I am happy for you...

but it is still trending and Holder has called the dismissal a "whitewash" during a press conference

You're welcome to share the reputable sources citing their reputable evidence of Obama's involvement in this any time.

And it was Rahm Emanuel, current Chicago Mayor and former Obama Chief of Staff who said it was a "whitewash," not Eric Holder.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

You're welcome to share the reputable sources citing their reputable evidence of Obama's involvement in this any time.

And it was Rahm Emanuel, current Chicago Mayor and former Obama Chief of Staff who said it was a "whitewash," not Eric Holder.

I never said reputable, I said trending. And I apologize for confusing Eric Holder with Rahm Emmanuel...my bad.

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am happy for you...

You know that "Trending on Twitter" doesn't actually mean anything, right? 

Holder is doing press about Barr, not seeing he called a press conference for this.  Are you maybe confusing him with Rahm Emanuel (Chicago Mayor and he also used to work for the Obama administration) who did hold a press conference and refer to it as whitewashing with the CPD in the background?   They're pissed the DA gave the deal.  I'm seeing nothing about Obama connections or anything scandelous other than nobody understands why this happened.

• Plus1 1