Racism - It's a real thing.

TIL Al Sharpton hates whites and cops.

It's gotten so bad POTUS is on a week+ long bender of attacking politicians of color and urban communities and we don't even bat an eye anymore.

Because most of Americas has accepted that A) Trump is a racist and B) he's going to try to use that racism to get re-elected.

24 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

TIL Al Sharpton hates whites and cops.

It's gotten so bad POTUS is on a week+ long bender of attacking politicians of color and urban communities and we don't even bat an eye anymore.

Because most of Americas has accepted that A) Trump is a racist and B) he's going to try to use that racism to get re-elected.

trumpanzees don't bat an eye.  many Americans are upset with trump and his racism.  

On 7/29/2019 at 9:59 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Good friggen lord. This is getting stupid. 

They are all getting bat crazy wt Trump derangement syndrome   :blink:   

Thinking about this, I see 2 reasons this has happened:

1. The GOP as a whole made a big mistake:  Instead of seeing the election of Trump as a fluke and primarily because the Dems selected Hillary as their candidate.  They saw it as a trend and to get on top of the trend, they all jumped on board to remain politically viable.  They failed to look long term - that the voters will reject this kind of hate eventually.

2. The GOP, or at least many in the GOP, were silently like Trump already and now their true 'inner child' is coming out as Trump has given them cover to do so.

• Plus1 4

Having an interesting discussion elsewhere. There is a fantasy series I like... the one my nickname is from. And there is a small isolated area that a group of the main characters is from. It's... just plainly obvious that these characters are meant to look Caucasian. There is another character with them who is described as different looking from the rest of the people in the village, and the difference is indicated most often by his height and red hair.

5 of the actors in the TV show were announced on Wednesday, and 3 of them are not Caucasian. I don't care that they're not Caucasian. It doesn't have to be an exact retelling of the story. It's just a show based off of someone else's interpretation. I just want the characterizations to be correct.

I do however find it really weird that suddenly it seems like 75% of the fandom is defending the casting choices by claiming that they always pictured this group of kids as biracial, and now they're posting all sorts of book quotes that "prove" it. For instance there's a scene where this a$$h@!e woman pulls back the redhead's sleeve and notes that his skin is really pale compared to the darker skin of the other people from the isolated area, and therefore according to these people that means the other kids must be biracial. But the group the redhead belongs to is supposed to look Irish according to author interviews. Almost every group of people on earth has darker skin than the Irish. Also, every piece of official artwork ever released on the story has shown the characters from this area to be Caucasian. There are also hundreds of characters in this series who are not Caucasian and they are described clearly as not Caucasian. This conversation could be easily shut down, except that the author died 12 years ago.

Anyway, it's all very fascinating to me to be arguing that the author meant them to look Caucasian, with other people who have thought they were Caucasian since 1993 and changed their mind 2 days ago. The dead author was a very blunt man and it's cracking me up thinking of him shutting this talk down immediately if he were alive. I think it's perfectly fine to argue with the racist people who are throwing hissy fits because some of the actors are not Cacuasian. I just wish they would argue in an honest way.