Racism - It's a real thing.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sitting in their own f#&%ing home playing video games. 

Use of lethal force needs to be seriously reevaluated. And this officer needs to see time. I'm tired of this crap. Being a police officer does not give you free liberty to kill innocent people with no consequence.

• Plus1 3
22 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Use of lethal force needs to be seriously reevaluated. And this officer needs to see time. I'm tired of this crap. Being a police officer does not give you free liberty to kill innocent people with no consequence.

I’m so damn sick of it. 

the vast majority of police do a great job. But, there are way too many who jump to lethal force way too soon. Those need to be gone. 

• Plus1 2
On 10/13/2019 at 1:27 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I’m so damn sick of it. 

the vast majority of police do a great job. But, there are way too many who jump to lethal force way too soon. Those need to be gone. 

I loosely followed this case when it gets talked about on the news. This seems more like an issue with the use of lethal force and following appropriate procedure for law enforcement officials identify themselves. The reports are that she heard something outside and grabbed a pistol. The officer never clearly state he was law enforcement before he fired. She had every right to defend herself from an unknown and unidentified threat in her own home.

These officers need better training to properly asses and deal with threats by deescalating the situation. Deadline force should be the absolute last resort. Not the first instinct.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...