Racism - It's a real thing.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ok :)

But...you said that if no one is getting punched...and I admitted to punching my friend...so...

Are you saying you did not mean what you said? 

Actually, if you read my post I was simply asking how the game worked. If no one is getting punched are you playing the circle game? I say no. What say you?

6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

If no one is getting punched are you playing the circle game tho? Isn't that like, the purpose of the game? 

17 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'd rather not because I don't think this should just slide under the rug. Wasn't even talking about the cadets anymore I'm just tired of y'all acting like 10 out of 10 times if someone does that symbol it means ok or the circle game. Unfortunately we can't be that naive in today's world.

Here's a good rule of thumb. There's an overwhelming percentage chance it's not racist unless you already know that the person doing it is a white supremacist. I've seen Richard Spencer do it before; okay yes that time it was racist. The Proud Boys flashing it? Yeah, racist. But even then, they're only doing it because they know people will freak out over it. 

Otherwise, the idea of it being racist is a trap meant to ensnare well-meaning people such as yourself by hacking the tools we use to communicate with each other. Falling for the trick is the naivety; being on guard for people trying to program the way you're thinking is not. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Here's a good rule of thumb. There's an overwhelming percentage chance it's not racist unless you already know that the person doing it is a white supremacist. I've seen Richard Spencer do it before; okay yes that time it was racist. The Proud Boys flashing it? Yeah, racist. But even then, they're only doing it because they know people will freak out over it. 

Otherwise, the idea of it being racist is a trap meant to ensnare well-meaning people such as yourself by hacking the tools we use to communicate with each other. Falling for the trick is the naivety; being on guard for people trying to program the way you're thinking is not. 

That's absolute bullcrap. How about we look at each situation on it's own and determine from there. Newsflash, not all racist and white supremacists have outed themselves to the public yet. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

If no one is getting punched are you playing the circle game tho? Isn't that like, the purpose of the game? 

I play the game in the office, as recently as a month ago. Obviously I don't punch anyone or get punched. It's just a funny "gotchya" game to liven up the day.

• Thanks 1