Racism - It's a real thing.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is all good, but why was that noose there in 2019?  That's the weird thing.

Has there been evidence shown that the rope was the same knot in 2019? So far all I've heard is NASCAR statement that the rope pull was always there.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Has there been evidence shown that the rope was the same knot in 2019? So far all I've heard is NASCAR statement that the rope pull was always there.

The FBI said it was there in 2019. I have no idea if there's been any analysis.

FBI Says Noose Found in Bubba Wallace’s Garage Didn’t Appear to Target Him

I will say the knot in the picture earlier in this thread looked clean and new, but who knows? It was not a great picture and I'm no rope/knot expert.

There's apparently video evidence of it from back in 2019, but I haven't found it anywhere. Has it been released?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/23/fbi-no-crime-committed-bubba-wallaces-garage-stall-noose-was-there-since-october/

“The FBI learned that garage number 4, where the noose was found, was assigned to Bubba Wallace last week,” the statement read. “The investigation also revealed evidence, including authentic video confirmed by NASCAR, that the noose found in garage number 4 was in that garage as early as October 2019. Although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week.”

• Plus1 1

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/26/master-bedroom-canceled-houston-realtors-texas-slavery-connotation-primary-bedroom/

I'm guessing that to these types of minds  ... that rather than change the word from "master" to "primary" ... it would make much more sense to make a law that any home with a "master" bedroom should be torn down.  For many, many, many years ... these "master" bedrooms have been used to inflict one's mastery [in context, it has to be a white person of color over a black] over another.  This is evil.  

Since I'm married to a black woman ... I'm a bit upset that I can't be dominated by her in the "master" bedroom anymore without implied racism upon her over me.  :-)  

This mindset is just silly and full of "butthurt".

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/26/master-bedroom-canceled-houston-realtors-texas-slavery-connotation-primary-bedroom/

I'm guessing that to these types of minds  ... that rather than change the word from "master" to "primary" ... it would make much more sense to make a law that any home with a "master" bedroom should be torn down.  For many, many, many years ... these "master" bedrooms have been used to inflict one's mastery [in context, it has to be a white person of color over a black] over another.  This is evil.  

Since I'm married to a black woman ... I'm a bit upset that I can't be dominated by her in the "master" bedroom anymore without implied racism upon her over me.  :-)  

This is awesome.

I guess I need to get rid of my Master's degrees.  

And...since we are getting rid of the word master, I guess from now on I can only bate?  :)

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is awesome.

I guess I need to get rid of my Master's degrees.  

And...since we are getting rid of the word master, I guess from now on I can only bate?  :)

I've got the first one ... and gave up the second.  You got a good chuckle out of me.  :-)  Thanks for the humor.

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I just read about the origins for the fun of it and it doesn't have any racist history that I can find. It's Master because of "Mr." - it's the man of the house's bedroom. It's the feminists who should want to change it ;)

Here's another article where they talked of changing it back in 2013:

https://madamenoire.com/273095/some-claim-the-term-master-bedroom-is-sexist-and-racist-industry-dropping-phrase/

• Thanks 1

@Moiraine, I dated a gal about three years ago ... and was informed that I was a racist for using the word "gal".  Since then, I've tried as best I can to stop using the word.  I wrote it here to speak of it.  Anyway, I was dumbfounded when I found out that the lady I was dating asked me about the use of the term after about two months of dating.  I did some research which confirmed that in some circles it was a derogatory term toward black women.  I spent .most of my life [40+ years] using "gal" as a reference to a girl/woman.  Funny think is how I usually used it was in response to a positive comment about a girl/woman.  I'd say, "ya, I think she is a really nice gal".  

Going deeper, it was about three years ago a therapist told me it was wrong to identify a female as a "girl".  I was to call a female a "woman".  I still have not conquered that one.  I was taught to respect "girls" my entire life [guess that was to lead to the term "woman"].  

Thus, I'm still processing out these "offensive" words.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2