Racism - It's a real thing.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I'm guessing she's too racist to realize the irony of what the "H" stands for in HIV.

HA!  well played.

Remember when people were worried you could get it from mosquitoes and water fountains...ahhhh I miss the 80's! 

• Fire 1

Some people are suggesting Washington Warriors in order to keep the Native American imagery. I'm guessing if they do change the name it'll be a wholesale change away from anything Native American. I could see them keeping the color scheme though.

So here's an interesting one just down the road from me...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/couple-who-pulled-guns-black-mother-daughters-charged-felony-assault-n1232874

The Oakland County Prosecutor's Office announced Thursday that the Wuestenbergs were charged with felonious assault.

Deputies were called to the Chipotle around 6 p.m. local time for reports of threats involving a firearm, the Oakland County Sheriff's Office said in a press release. Both the Wuestenbergs and the family, whom authorities did not identify, had called police on each other.

Part of the altercation was captured on cellphone video and shows two women off-camera accusing Jillian Wuestenberg of bumping into them. Eric Wuestenberg enters the frame and helps his wife get into their car before exchanging words with the mother.

Things quickly escalate after Eric Wuestenberg begins to reverse the vehicle out of the parking spot.

"You gonna f---ing hit me," the mother yells. Both groups begin arguing and the video shows Jillian Wuestenberg get out of the car and point a gun at the mother.

Recommended

michigan_guns.focal-60x60.jpg

"Get away," Jillian Wuestenberg says, telling her husband to call the police. "Get the f--- away."

The video ends with Jillian Wuestenberg getting back into the car and the couple driving away. The footage does not show what led up to the altercation but Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard said that it began when one group bumped into the other.

"There was a bump as they entered and exit. The one person said they didn't realize they had bumped the person with the food bag and the other person felt they needed to get an apology and it escalated from there," the sheriff said at a news conference Thursday.

The video NBC chose to post is the short version, which doesn't show anything that led up to the gun being pulled; including the fact that the black lady threatened to "beat your white a$$" because somebody didn't apologize for bumping into them. That isn't mentioned in the article either. Does someone preventing you from leaving in your car justify drawing a gun? I tend to doubt it, but they were harassed, not allowed to leave and threatened with violence. Pretty much everyone here is an a$$h@!e including NBC.

Here's the full version of the video

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

So here's an interesting one just down the road from me...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/couple-who-pulled-guns-black-mother-daughters-charged-felony-assault-n1232874

The video NBC chose to post is the short version, which doesn't show anything that led up to the gun being pulled; including the fact that the black lady threatened to "beat your white a$$" because somebody didn't apologize for bumping into them. That isn't mentioned in the article either. Does someone preventing you from leaving in your car justify drawing a gun? I tend to doubt it, but they were harassed, not allowed to leave and threatened with violence. Pretty much everyone here is an a$$h@!e including NBC.

Here's the full version of the video

Although I have been criticized in this forum before for saying it...there are definite bad decisions on both sides of this altercation. 

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

The only time a gun should be pointed at another human being is if your life or the lives of those around are being threatened by the person you're pointing it at.

PERIOD.

Regardless if you are police or a citizen.

Yeah I agree...and I hate guns.  But now what does "life being threatened" mean?  

How we fear things are very different.  I am a huge chicken compared to most people.

14 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I thought life being threatened was a simple definition...someone has a weapon that can take your life and they are threatening a human with said weapon.

Threatening violence without a weapon is just verbal...when it crosses the line is when a weapon becomes involved.

In that video, if she brandished a gun because someone threatened to beat her up, she is wrong...even if the person hit her car...the right action would have been to turn away and ignore the person or record and call the police.  Brandishing a weapon is escalation for any situation...and the only time it isn't escalation is if the situation has already been escalated.

So, when is a weapon ok to point at someone?  When the situation has already been escalated by the person you're pointing the weapon at...aka they a;ready have a weapon and are threatening vilence toward a human.

So, do you really think that a 100 pound female has the same definition of "Life threatening" as a 225 pound man?

I am about 80% more likely to be killed than a woman but I guarantee you that they feel their life is threatened way more than me.

By the way, I like your definition.  I just don't think it applies to everyone.

4 hours ago, GSG said:

Some people are suggesting Washington Warriors in order to keep the Native American imagery. I'm guessing if they do change the name it'll be a wholesale change away from anything Native American. I could see them keeping the color scheme though.

I can't believe it took them this long. Pretty sure I remember there being talk of this in the 90s. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Although I have been criticized in this forum before for saying it...there are definite bad decisions on both sides of this altercation. 

The white husband and the black daughter seemed to make ok decisions.  The husband just seemed to want to get in the car and go without much interaction.  The daughter was trying to get her mom to keep from approaching the vehicle as it tried to drive away.

But yeah, the two "grown" women need some serious help.  Seems they both had a chip on their shoulder...

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I continue to wonder why the death rate continues to drop when the number of infected people continue to rise along with hospitalizations in some areas. 

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

The white husband and the black daughter seemed to make ok decisions.  The husband just seemed to want to get in the car and go without much interaction.  The daughter was trying to get her mom to keep from approaching the vehicle as it tried to drive away.

But yeah, the two "grown" women need some serious help.  Seems they both had a chip on their shoulder...

And the husband got fired from his job...

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I think that the only way I point a gun at another human being is if they have one pointed at me first.  I think that should be the definition of 'life threatening'.

Everything else is based on prejudice and presupposition.

Interesting.  

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Agreed. The two "ladies" need to work on their people skills