Racism - It's a real thing.

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sorry, it is just weird.  Unless you are away on business or something.  Even then, I say just eat in your room or up at the bar.

You obviously don’t travel a lot. There is no way I’m going to just eat in my room every night while on the road. 

I find it more strange and worrisome that someone eating alone bothers you so much. 

Why would me eating alone in a restaurant have any affect on you?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

You obviously don’t travel a lot. There is no way I’m going to just eat in my room every night while on the road. 

I find it more strange and worrisome that someone eating alone bothers you so much. 

Why would me eating alone in a restaurant have any affect on you?

Well...it sure have an affect on that family!

I get it if you are out for work.

But, like think of it this way...in your hometown do you just get up and say "Okay family...I am off to go eat alone at the ______________, see you in an hour!"

Of course you don't, because it is weird. 

1 minute ago, deedsker said:

I, too, require sustenance and, with no friends, will not be shammed for eating alone! :lol:

Hahaha!  

I will shame you!  You lone-eater!  

Do you say you are expecting a friend to show up so the host/hostess, waiter/waitress thinks you have friends?  Ha!

That is what I do for golf...when it is just two of us, we still say we have a foursome.  

• Haha 1

I also think it is weird to drink alone at a bar...like I have never been sitting there and thought "Geeze, I really want to go drink at a bar...alone"

I have said "Hey, I really want to drink in the dark basement, alone, with just one light on that is slowly swaying from the slight breeze of a fan, while I cry"

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Well...it sure have an affect on that family!

I get it if you are out for work.

But, like think of it this way...in your hometown do you just get up and say "Okay family...I am off to go eat alone at the ______________, see you in an hour!"

Of course you don't, because it is weird. 

So, when you see someone in a restaurant, you assume they have a family at home they left to go eat there?  That's what's weird.  

What if I'm single without kids?  Am I supposed to always eat at home no matter what?  What if my family is out of town at an event and I'm busy and don't have time to make something at home?  What if I work from home and by the end of the day, I just need to get out?

I don't think the person eating alone is the one with issues.  Also, when you see someone eating alone, how do you know if they are on the road for business or not?

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, when you see someone in a restaurant, you assume they have a family at home they left to go eat there?  That's what's weird.  

What if I'm single without kids?  Am I supposed to always eat at home no matter what?  What if my family is out of town at an event and I'm busy and don't have time to make something at home?  What if I work from home and by the end of the day, I just need to get out?

I don't think the person eating alone is the one with issues.  Also, when you see someone eating alone, how do you know if they are on the road for business or not?

Eating alone is weird.  Sorry!  Don't be offended by it...you do you!

@ColoradoHusk eats alone at the food court in the mall.  That is his thing!

4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

He goes on to say it was tongue in cheek, but his point remains that racial divide is occurring and this might drive it further.

There's a distinct difference between "racial divides" that are voluntary and wanted by members of a particular race, and racial divides that are forced on them and shoved down their throat with the power of an empire behind them.

What's next, black MUSIC!?

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

There's a distinct difference between "racial divides" that are voluntary and wanted by members of a particular race, and racial divides that are forced on them and shoved down their throat with the power of an empire behind them.

If one race voluntarily wants a racial divide, doesn't the other race have it forced on them and shoved down their throat?

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If one race voluntarily wants a racial divide, doesn't the other race have it forced on them and shoved down their throat?

I guess you can make an argument, and you could apply that argument to the first 250 years of America, but then the question is this:

Is having a different/additional national anthem a gross and profane example of a race of people having something forced on them and shoved down their throat?

They should have an anthem for every single race and nationality represented in the USA...at the start of each season have an "opening ceremony" like the Olympics.  Then...never play any of them again and just start the games.

I am Polish, so I am selecting these guys.  

• Plus1 2