Racism - It's a real thing.

49 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

https://www.insider.com/lakers-clippers-lebron-james-boycott-season-meeting-2020-8

Lebron wants action from owners and Clips and Lakers want to end the season, leaving the meeting early. 3 of the 5 best players in the league on those 2 teams.

Playoff will resume eventually per Woj. Games today postponed. A majority of players wanted to continue to play.

Keep using your platform to enact change, NBA, a lot of your fans are behind you.

10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Playoff will resume eventually per Woj. Games today postponed. A majority of players wanted to continue to play.

Keep using your platform to enact change, NBA, a lot of your fans are behind you.

'Eventually' isn't exactly promising for the NBA playoffs. Yes alot of players want to play but the face of the league and 3 of the 5 best players on the 2 best teams in the biggest market don't want to play. They may hold more leverage. And I think they should continue using it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

'Eventually' isn't exactly promising for the NBA playoffs. Yes alot of players want to play but the face of the league and 3 of the 5 best players on the 2 best teams in the biggest market don't want to play. They may hold more leverage. And I think they should continue using it. 

Yep.  I think this is spot on.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm just parroting the guys with the inside scoops. Woj isn't wrong on this stuff.

15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm just parroting the guys with the inside scoops. Woj isn't wrong on this stuff.

Not saying he is wrong, I don't know whats going on behind the scenes. I'm just of the opinion a playoffs without Lebron and the Lakers and Kawhi and the Clippers isn't a playoffs.

And the thing is those guys have no need to play. They aren't going to lose a job. They have more money in the bank than most players in the NBA. Seems to me its gonna take real action to get them to play.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not saying he is wrong, I don't know whats going on behind the scenes. I'm just of the opinion a playoffs without Lebron and the Lakers and Kawhi and the Clippers isn't a playoffs.

And the thing is those guys have no need to play. They aren't going to lose a job. They have more money in the bank than most players in the NBA. Seems to me its gonna take real action to get them to play.

They wouldn't have gotten this far without Lebrons blessing, if they're playing its because Lebron signed off on it.

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They wouldn't have gotten this far without Lebrons blessing, if they're playing its because Lebron signed off on it.

Hadn't seen that. I guess that's all I was getting at. Lebron has alot of control over whether they play or not realistically. If he and Kawhi said they were out that would be pretty much it. 

27 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Hadn't seen that. I guess that's all I was getting at. Lebron has alot of control over whether they play or not realistically. If he and Kawhi said they were out that would be pretty much it. 

Yeah, no way does the NBA go on without their biggest stars.  

• Plus1 1

Poetic Justice,  Karma, or just one of those weird coincidence. 

https://apnews.com/3268e532e5e2094bcd368885c43769bb

A Confederate general has fallen victim to Hurricane Laura. The South’s Defenders monument has stood since 1915 outside a courthouse in Lake Charles, Louisiana, where local authorities voted 10-4 this month to keep it in place.

Critics call it a symbol of racism that glorifies slavery. But a Calcasieu Parish official said they asked for public comments, and got 878 written responses against relocating the monument, and only 67 in favor of moving it.

Now the pedestal is empty, and the Confederate statue is in pieces on the ground, victim to a Category 4 hurricane that struck the city early Thursday.

• Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...