Racism - It's a real thing.

Her again attacking skate boarders who were - you guessed it - not white.

And another video

See it's people like this who are the one's who actually need the book thrown at them.  I know if it were me and the woman would have tried to lure my dog out into traffic oh my...  That one would have been a test in terms of how I would have reacted.  

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Wait, at the college level?

Do the regents want to piss off a bunch of professors?

The only thing professors hate doing more than being present for office hours, teaching 100 level classes, publishing and missing conventions held in cool locations...is being told what they can't discuss/teach in class. 

This "resolution" won't really have an impact on curriculum, according to one Cornell law professor.

"The resolution does not ‘ban’ CRT from the curriculum, to the contrary, it opposes ‘imposition’ of CRT, and in so doing seeks to foster an open campus intellectual environment."

Even if the regents affirmed the resolution, it wouldn't really have power to do anything. In fact, I'm pretty sure regents don't have the power to mandate what type of curriculum is or isn't taught on a college campus.

But, it's just great to see our Governor kissing a$$ in yet another instance of right wing nonsense. Color me unsurprised.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The Original Pandering was done by the US Military paying the NFL to get the National Anthem shown on TV before games, and to have a whole month of military awareness gear worn by coaches, staff, and players. 

I can roll my eyes at that display as well.

• Plus1 1

I've never lived in another country before, but the consternation among some Americans surrounding nationalism is fairly amazing to me as an American. There are the people who take little pride in U.S. nationalism because of slights against them (perceived or actual) and there are people who take overt pride in U.S. nationalism, often to a fault and to the point where they refuse to believe someone else isn't involved in their shared experience. I often wonder if this is unique to us because of our melting pot society, or if other countries experience it to this degree as well.

The whole anthem thing doesn't bother me one way or the other. The steps the NFL is taking are not too dissimilar from what Formula 1 has promoted with the #EndRacism campaign. Playing our anthem before international competition has always made sense to me but I've never quite understood it prior to entertainment events.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Enhance said:

The whole anthem thing doesn't bother me one way or the other. The steps the NFL is taking are not too dissimilar from what Formula 1 has promoted with the #EndRacism campaign. Playing our anthem before international competition has always made sense to me but I've never quite understood it prior to entertainment events.

Speaking of...

• Thanks 1