Racism - It's a real thing.

Hold up, this calls for a few questions...

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

He has been told that it will be very hard to get a head coaching job (like the guy above him) because he's white.

Who told him this?

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Athletic departments are graded on their diversity.  And, for every black HC, you get a point.

Who conducts this grading? How does the point system work? Where can we find this data?

58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, because every college looks at it the same.

Please explain this.

This is inflammatory stuff that needs some critical thinking, and evidence, to go along with it.

I couldn't find a listing of NCAA track & field coaches, so I looked up the individual Big Ten schools (hardly a representative sample of the entire college landscape, I know). Of the 13 men's programs (couldn't find a men's team for Northwestern), some of which had the women's and men's team under the same head coach, I found two black men, one black woman, one white woman, and nine white men. I'm sure (I hope) the assistant pools are more diverse, and a broader look at more schools at various divisions may give different data...but are white coaches really being discriminated against?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Why "should" this be? It's no secret why there are  many more black athletes at the professional level than white athletes. Black people are genetically much more gifted athletes, on average, than White people. So naturally, in a "let the best man win" environment, the black/better athletes are going to rise to the top of their profession. How much athletic ability does it take to run and/or coach a professional sports team? It would appear the answer to that is next to none. In that role of the professional sports world, intellect is what matters. Leadership matters. All of which White people seem to be at least just as capable of doing. Equal representation doesn't matter on the field of play, and it shouldn't matter in any organization where the goal is to win. Let the best man win. Always.

Wow! This is old school Jimmy the Greek type of racism. Jesus.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Who told him this?

The dude is very well connected in the track coaching world.  

9 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Who conducts this grading? How does the point system work? Where can we find this data?

No clue.

9 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Please explain this.

I'm going off of what he told me.  I don't know the fine details of the situation.  

All I know is that he believes it will be very hard for him to move up in the track coaching world because of it.  With his experience and connections, I have to believe him.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lol. Which part of that is racist?

Do you remember what Jimmy the Greek said? Racism is built upon applying crude stereotypes toward an entire population. You're throwing around stereotypes about black athletes so casually, then using your stereotype to draw some gross conclusions about both whites and blacks. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 4
19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The dude is very well connected in the track coaching world.  

No clue.

I'm going off of what he told me.  I don't know the fine details of the situation.  

All I know is that he believes it will be very hard for him to move up in the track coaching world because of it.  With his experience and connections, I have to believe him.

I know lots of pastors who think something very similar about how hard it is for Christians in America right now and how the world is out to get them. Doesn't make it anywhere close to true.

• Plus1 4
Just now, Ulty said:

Do you remember what Jimmy the Greek said? Racism is built upon applying crude stereotypes toward an entire population. You're throwing around stereotypes about black athletes so casually, then using your stereotype to draw some gross conclusions about both whites and blacks. 

I don't think you or I are in any position to deny evolution and genetics, or the environment and conditions that influence both. I'm sorry if you can't bring yourself to acknowledge such a benign, and clear observation. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Jimmy the Greek (Snyder) quote is much different than what @B.B. Hemingway said.

Some of the statements Snyder made in the interview with Hotaling included: "They've {blacks} got everything; if they take over coaching like everybody wants them to, there's not going to be anything left for white people."

Snyder described blacks as being superior athletes because generally, he said, they work harder than white athletes.

Then he added, "the black is a better athlete to begin with, because he's been bred that way. Because of his high thighs that go up into his back. And they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs.

"This all goes back to the Civil War, when, during the slave trading, the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he would have a big black kid. That's where it all started."

LINK

• Thanks 4
  • Oh Yeah! 2

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I don't think you or I are in any position to deny evolution and genetics, or the environment and conditions that influence both. I'm sorry if you can't bring yourself to acknowledge such a benign, and clear observation. 

Where's the scientific consensus that black people's evolution and genetics make them more athletically gifted?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The struggle to uproot your entire family and their commitments has always been overrated! #shutupwhitey

Yeah cuz college coaches don't move around a lot for opportunity (by their own choice or because they're forced to look elsewhere).  :bang

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Yeah cuz college coaches don't move around a lot for opportunity (by their own choice or because they're forced to look elsewhere).  :bang

Track coaches don't have the same financial incentives to move as other college coaches. Obviously. Either way, your solution to BRB's friend being the victim of woke policy/agendas on his college campus is to pack up and go find another job? Cool.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1