Racism - It's a real thing.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:18 PM, RedDenver said:

Yeah, I just came in here to post the same thing. 

I've spent years trying to explain to my more excitable friends that hard core racists are a small and increasingly marginalized segment in America, and you can't toss around words like "white supremacist" and "Nazi" quite so blithely.

I was wrong. 

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was back home at my parents’ for my sister’s funeral this weekend in northeast NE.  My nieces are bi-racial and one had her black boyfriend with her.

The night before they were to bury their mother, a car with some high school aged (17-20 y.o.) drove by a MINIMUM of 6 times screaming the n-word at them.  We did get plates and were actually even able to address them the next night because they were brazen enough to do it again.  My dad, brother, cousins, myself were fuming!

The sad part: my niece’s boyfriend actually acted like it wasn’t that big of deal.  Not because he wasn’t mad, he said he’s “just used to it” because he’s lived in predominately white areas most of his life.  He is 24 years old, he didn’t grow up in the “old days”…

f#&%ed up!

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/07/03/oregon-health-officials-delayed-a-meeting-because-urgency-is-a-white-supremacy-value/

"Thank you for your interest in attending the community conversation between Regional Health Equity Coalitions (RHECs) and Community Advisory Councils (CACs) to discuss the Community Investment Collaboratives (CICs)," wrote [the Regional Health Equity Coalition Program Manager]. "We recognize that urgency is a white supremacy value that can get in the way of more intentional and thoughtful work, and we want to attend to this dynamic. Therefore, we will reach out at a later date to reschedule."

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, nic said:

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/07/03/oregon-health-officials-delayed-a-meeting-because-urgency-is-a-white-supremacy-value/

"Thank you for your interest in attending the community conversation between Regional Health Equity Coalitions (RHECs) and Community Advisory Councils (CACs) to discuss the Community Investment Collaboratives (CICs)," wrote [the Regional Health Equity Coalition Program Manager]. "We recognize that urgency is a white supremacy value that can get in the way of more intentional and thoughtful work, and we want to attend to this dynamic. Therefore, we will reach out at a later date to reschedule."

That has to be joke.