Racism - It's a real thing.

24 minutes ago, nic said:

If I must look I will. It’s been awhile now. I think I posted one from Omar not too long ago. Pelosi probably reigned them in from pissing off Jewish Democratic supporters.

Edit: well that didn’t take too long, although I am not sure this is a good example. It just happened to point out a couple instances where fellow Dems played the anti Semitic card on Omar. Politicians are good at playing whatever cards they feel like whether they apply or not.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/01/ilhan-omar-anti-semitic-slur-1199495

Yeah…that was the first thing that popped up for me too.  I don’t see anything anti-Semitic at all with what was in the article.

• TBH 1

16 hours ago, nic said:

If I must look I will. It’s been awhile now. I think I posted one from Omar not too long ago. Pelosi probably reigned them in from pissing off Jewish Democratic supporters.

Edit: well that didn’t take too long, although I am not sure this is a good example. It just happened to point out a couple instances where fellow Dems played the anti Semitic card on Omar. Politicians are good at playing whatever cards they feel like whether they apply or not.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/01/ilhan-omar-anti-semitic-slur-1199495

I'm not a fan of Omar.  But, reading this, I don't see what she said that was horrible.  Can you explain?

• TBH 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not a fan of Omar.  But, reading this, I don't see what she said that was horrible.  Can you explain?

It's been two days and there have been plenty of requests for evidence from the people claiming they're anti-semitic. Those people have also been plenty active in other threads. 

Feels like we'll be waiting a while.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
21 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

It's been two days and there have been plenty of requests for evidence from the people claiming they're anti-semitic. Those people have also been plenty active in other threads. 

That poster is busy interviewing their children about furries. Give them a sec, will ya?

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

There already was evidence presented which you knew about because you replied to poster who just chose to dismiss it.  Burying your head in the sand to not see the evidence doesn’t  mean that evidence isn’t actually there.  

Here’s one of your Dear Leaders calling it out too.  

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/21119

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-leaders-condemn-tlaibs-antisemitic-dog-whistle-in-recent-comments/

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

There already was evidence presented which you knew about because you replied to poster who just chose to dismiss it.  Burying your head in the sand to not see the evidence doesn’t  mean that evidence isn’t actually there.  

Here’s one of your Dear Leaders calling it out too.  

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/21119

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-leaders-condemn-tlaibs-antisemitic-dog-whistle-in-recent-comments/

I didn't dismiss it.  I simply asked, what did she say that was horrible?  The article that was posted didn't say.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Was this link posted before? This is different than what @nic had posted, which alluded to a very vague comment which was difficult to interpret as antisemitic. However, looking at this link, I can certainly acknowledge the dog-whistle implications of it Tlaib's comment, and good for Dem leadership to call it out. She should have been called out for it and was. 

Is there more? This thread has gone on for the last few pages with the certainty that Omar and Tlaib are antisemitic and have been able to get away with frequent comments. This one comment is bad, I will grant you that, and I would expect that Tlaib will never be more than a low-ranking congressperson.

But riddle me this, would the GOP ever call out one of their own for racist/xenophobic/antisemitic comments? Of course not. The Republicans specialize in and capitalize off of that sort of inflammatory horse$h!t all the time. And it doesn't stop with a nobody congresswoman, it went all the way to the presidency. 

40 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Burying your head in the sand to not see the evidence doesn’t  mean that evidence isn’t actually there.  

This is absurdly hypocritical coming from you, particularly in this thread.

(I predict you will pretend not to know what I'm talking about...)

• Plus1 4

I didn't get the impression anyone was doubting that Tlaib and Omar have each made anti-Semitic dogwhistle comments. There isn't a lot of standing up for them on HB.

I got the impression people didn't think the person making the accusation knew much more about it than what you'd hear in the MAGAverse.

Feels like they may have been on to something.

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I didn't get the impression anyone was doubting that Tlaib and Omar have each made anti-Semitic dogwhistle comments. There isn't a lot of standing up for them on HB.

I got the impression people didn't think the person making the accusation knew much more about it than what you'd hear in the MAGAverse.

Feels like they may have been on to something.

Well, someone blew it off as just being “critical of the nation of Israel”. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

That poster is busy interviewing their children about furries. Give them a sec, will ya?

Thats right. I still have a job...I don't spend 24/7 on here like most of you. :D . It looks like @Archy1221 looked some stuff up for you all. If you are curious, have at it.  

• Thanks 1