Racism - It's a real thing.

Good video put together by NYT of the 8 mins the officers were on Floyd. I hadn’t willed myself to watch the entire video yet. Floyd specifically mentions the knee on his neck and they tell him to get up and get in the car (twice) and he says he can’t (because there are f#&%ing people sitting on him).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/george-floyd-investigation.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

This is one of the most powerful video I've ever watched on Racism. 

It's an experiment with Jane Elliot...some of you might remember she was famous for the blue eye and brown eye experiment with kids that taught them about racism.  In this video, she does this with college kids.

I cant' recommend this enough...if you have about 50 minutes to spare, watch it.  I'm Mexican American, have experienced racism, and I was still shocked at the lessons taught in this video.

I've watched it before. Watching it again now. I wish it was a required lesson in school because the people it would be best for probably aren't going to watch it. I need to watch it too but there are lots who wouldn't get past the first minute or 2 and they wouldn't believe what she's saying just like they don't believe minorities when they try to explain what they go through.

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Here is audio of the exchange between Rickets/Stothert and the Black community leaders they met with. I have no idea whether it confirms the claim yet since I can't listen right now.

Ok the video was annoying and creepy. Rickets referred to them as "you guys" and everyone seemed to be talking over each other so it's hard to hear what anyone is saying. 

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ok the video was annoying and creepy. Rickets referred to them as "you guys" and everyone seemed to be talking over each other so it's hard to hear what anyone is saying. 

Yeah, I agree.  

Also, on the brown eyes blue eyes, I show it in class every year.