Racism - It's a real thing.

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I can't argue with anyone about whether they think he's good enough to play in the NFL.  I personally don't think he is.  But I will say he is better than a lot of QB's that are in the league making a ton of money.  

He is. But again, I don't think teams believe he is worth it considering the baggage he'd bring with him.

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It would probably get him killed!  That AAF league doesn't seem to care if the QB lives or dies!

Which is fun to watch,

On a side note.  I used to be able to dunk a basketball too.  But really dunk.  I took my kids to a science museum a few weeks ago and they had a sports science section.  There was an area that looked like a basketball court where you could test your jumping abilities.  I gave it a shot and touched the 10' rim but i felt a pop in my neck at the same time.  Sucks getting old.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Which is fun to watch,

On a side note.  I used to be able to dunk a basketball too.  But really dunk.  I took my kids to a science museum a few weeks ago and they had a sports science section.  There was an area that looked like a basketball court where you could test your jumping abilities.  I gave it a shot and touched the 10' rim but i felt a pop in my neck at the same time.  Sucks getting old.

Hahaha!  I am lucky if I can graze the rim now...

9 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Which isn't much, which is why he doesn't have a job (aside from when he turned down an offer). His  baggage, whether you think it should be considered that or not, outweighs his talent. 

If Patrick Mahomes kneeled, do you think he'd be out of a job?

Kaepernick turned down the AAF because he had a collusion suit going against the NFL, and the huge drop-off in talent in the AAF would suggest he's accepted his unworthiness for the major leagues. The $20 million was asserting his worth. He knew the AAF couldn't come close. 

The AAF also went heavy after Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel. You can guess what those three quarterbacks have in common. They also turned down the AAF.

It's a good question about Patrick Mahomes, but to be accurate Patrick Mahomes would have to follow up his impressive debut by leading the Chiefs to the Super Bowl  next season, and losing a nail-biter. Then Mahomes would have to lead the Chiefs to the AFC Championship the season after that, Then he would come down to Earth a bit the season after that. Then the Chiefs would fire Andy Reid in a front office squabble and lose most of their best talent. Then Mahomes would look like a really average quarterback and all the haters would come out. The inexperienced new coach would then start Blaine Gabbert over Patrick Mahomes, and Patrick Mahomes would fade out of the picture until he started kneeling during the national anthem. Then there would be a huge outcry. Then the coaches would realize that Patrick Mahomes was still better than Blaine Gabbert and let Mahomes finish the regular season, where he actually performs pretty well, all things considered. Then Mahomes would be released to pursue another team, but no one would hire him because of the controversy. But Blaine Gabbert would never be without an NFL contract because apparently his talent outweighs his baggage.  

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Kaepernick turned down the AAF because he had a collusion suit going against the NFL, and the huge drop-off in talent in the AAF would suggest he's accepted his unworthiness for the major leagues. The $20 million was asserting his worth. He knew the AAF couldn't come close. 

The AAF also went heavy after Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel. You can guess what those three quarterbacks have in common. They also turned down the AAF.

It's a good question about Patrick Mahomes, but to be accurate Patrick Mahomes would have to follow up his impressive debut by leading the Chiefs to the Super Bowl  next season, and losing a nail-biter. Then Mahomes would have to lead the Chiefs to the AFC Championship the season after that, Then he would come down to Earth a bit the season after that. Then the Chiefs would fire Andy Reid in a front office squabble and lose most of their best talent. Then Mahomes would look like a really average quarterback and all the haters would come out. The inexperienced new coach would then start Blaine Gabbert over Patrick Mahomes, and Patrick Mahomes would fade out of the picture until he started kneeling during the national anthem. Then there would be a huge outcry. Then the coaches would realize that Patrick Mahomes was still better than Blaine Gabbert and let Mahomes finish the regular season, where he actually performs pretty well, all things considered. Then Mahomes would be released to pursue another team, but no one would hire him because of the controversy. But Blaine Gabbert would never be without an NFL contract because apparently his talent outweighs his baggage.  

Are you really trying to equate Kaepernick's talent to Mahome's?

14 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Are you really trying to equate Kaepernick's talent to Mahome's?

Do you actually watch football?

Mahomes has only had one season, and it was awesome indeed. Kaepernick led his team to the Super Bowl in his first year as a starter -- with an incredible run through the playoffs -- and an NFC Championship in his second, pretty much redefining what a dual threat quarterback could do in the NFL. He earned ESPN's Breakthrough Athlete of the Year that season, the same year he had the #1 selling jersey in the NFL, well ahead of Payton Manning and Tom Brady. He was a white hot commodity in the NFL.

Some people, like you, may have forgotten that.  

Fewer people know that in that terrible final season, when Kaepernick was a lightening rod and Blaine Gabbert had briefly replaced him, Colin Kaepernick won the Len Eshmont Award — the most inspirational and courageous player as voted by his teammates -- pretty much killing the argument that Kaepernick was a locker room cancer. 

The more interesting question -- and maybe it's the one you were asking -- is what if the most popular player took a knee at the height of his popularity? 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Do you actually watch football?

:lol:

21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Mahomes has only had one season, and it was awesome indeed. Kaepernick led his team to the Super Bowl in his first year as a starter -- with an incredible run through the playoffs -- and an NFC Championship in his second, pretty much redefining what a dual threat quarterback could do in the NFL. He earned ESPN's Breakthrough Athlete of the Year that season, the same year he had the #1 selling jersey in the NFL, well ahead of Payton Manning and Tom Brady. He was a white hot commodity in the NFL.

Some people, like you, may have forgotten that.  

Fewer people know that in that terrible final season, when Kaepernick was a lightening rod and Blaine Gabbert had briefly replaced him, Colin Kaepernick won the Len Eshmont Award — the most inspirational and courageous player as voted by his teammates -- pretty much killing the argument that Kaepernick was a locker room cancer. 

The more interesting question -- and maybe it's the one you were asking -- is what if the most popular player took a knee at the height of his popularity? 

Mahomes is probably 6-8 games away, in his 2nd year as a starter, from passing Kaep in career TD's.... The two aren't in the same hemisphere talent wise.

But since you didn't like that example, how about Russell Wilson? If he took a knee do you think he'd be out of the league? Cam Newton? No, because their talent more than makes up for the supposed baggage that "kneeling" comes with. (For the record, I take no issue with Kaep kneeling).

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

:lol:

Mahomes is probably 6-8 games away, in his 2nd year as a starter, from passing Kaep in career TD's.... The two aren't in the same hemisphere talent wise.

But since you didn't like that example, how about Russell Wilson? If he took a knee do you think he'd be out of the league? Cam Newton? No, because their talent more than makes up for the supposed baggage that "kneeling" comes with. (For the record, I take no issue with Kaep kneeling).

It’s interesting you picked the 2 franchises that have been arguably the most sensitive  and supportive to the types of injustices Kap was protesting