Racism - It's a real thing.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:12 AM, commando said:

they are just playing a game and we should ignore them rather than give them the satisfaction of being noticed.   at least that is what i am told. 

There's a huge difference between someone making the "okay" sign with their hand and someone dressing as a Klansmen.  But you know that.  Why do you do this?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Redux said:

There's a huge difference between someone making the "okay" sign with their hand and someone dressing as a Klansmen.  But you know that.  Why do you do this?

the kids are being taught to be racists.   the parents are the ones playing games by sending their kids dressed as klansmen and claiming they are dressed as priests.

3 hours ago, commando said:

the kids are being taught to be racists.   the parents are the ones playing games by sending their kids dressed as klansmen and claiming they are dressed as priests.

Racism is a learned trait, it's not genetic.  This isn't disputable.  I'm not sure who you're arguing this point against.

I'm betting the paretns are at least semi racist, but more than likely the kids are wannabe racists because being racist in a predominantly white small town school is viewed as "cool" to some adolescents.  This isn't a game or a prank.  It's them thinking it's funny and a way to get attention.  They know it's bad, like really bad and they did it anyway for shock value.

Now, again, this is a completely different situation than some people taking an age old hand gesture a certain way because a bunch of racists recently adopted it in a small circle.  Your stubbornness on the hand gesture thing isn't even in the same wheelhouse as two punks dressing as KKK.  So making the comparison is completely unnecessary.