Possible 2018 Nebraska Football Payroll

BIG ERN

This is the biggest question right now for the administration. 

How much are we willing to spend on a staff. 

If they believe $7,000,000 is what is needed to get the type of coach to win here, AND, they want Frost, then they should offer Frost that amount. 

I fear two things:

1) They think they can go get Frost on the cheap so they go offer significantly less and it insults him. 

2) The administration thinks that if we are going to pay that much for a head coach, then we can’t pay the assistants as much. 

13 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Am I correct in remembering that Bo's annual payout is reduced by the amount of any salary he is currently earning?  If that is the case wouldn't Riley's buyout also be that way? 

Yes, but just like Bo they take less money at the new job on the front end in hopes of getting more later.  You also have to assume that some hires Riley or if he even wants to work again.  I don't think the cost of living is High in Corvalis.

10 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Yes, but just like Bo they take less money at the new job on the front end in hopes of getting more later.  You also have to assume that some hires Riley or if he even wants to work again.  I don't think the cost of living is High in Corvalis.

I would be surprised if Riley doesn't retire. FADSE kind of screwed us doubly with Riley. Had he just hired a young bad coach at least they might get another job.

I have a friend that was working for the university that recently quit bc her department was being severely underfunded and it was making it too difficult for her to do her job.  According to her, outside of the athletics department, the university is struggling.  Now idk if the money from the athletics dept stays in athletics or how it is distributed but I found it interesting that the university is somewhat struggling.  I never would have thought that to be the case and may have something to do with why we aren't ponying up.  

1 hour ago, RedSavage said:

I have a friend that was working for the university that recently quit bc her department was being severely underfunded and it was making it too difficult for her to do her job.  According to her, outside of the athletics department, the university is struggling.  Now idk if the money from the athletics dept stays in athletics or how it is distributed but I found it interesting that the university is somewhat struggling.  I never would have thought that to be the case and may have something to do with why we aren't ponying up.  

Athletics is completely separete, except for the $10 million they gave academics this year.  These two things are unrelated.

3 hours ago, RedSavage said:

This isn’t because of athletics. It’s because of our wonderful state legislature and governor cutting their funding. 

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Athletics is completely separete, except for the $10 million they gave academics this year.  These two things are unrelated.

Kinda what I thought but wasn't sure.  

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This isn’t because of athletics. It’s because of our wonderful state legislature and governor cutting their funding. 

I was trying to say it more as athletics is the only thing doing well for the university so that money may not be going to funding only athletics but if all the money stays in the athletic dept it's a moot point.  But you are right about the the governer and legislature.  I kind of forgot about that.