Good article on Frost as a fit for the SEC.

But he has Nebraska connections. Therefore he is not qualified for the job. He isn't ready for a P5 job. What makes Forst a good coach, he only went 6-7 last year and that wasn't an 0-12 team he inherited.

I don't have a clue why people use those talking points when it is obvious to anyone with a good football mind that Coach Frost is a solid football coach and has an impressive resume. 

• Plus1 4
45 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I don't have a clue why people use those talking points when it is obvious to anyone with a good football mind that Coach Frost is a solid football coach and has an impressive resume. 

While I do think that Frost is potentially as good of a candidate as any to be "that next up and comer," one of my primary concerns is whether or not he brings in a supporting staff that can recruit and coach.

Right now, our defensive coaching actually is decent. We're struggling a ton on coaching on the offensive side of the ball. 

Position coaching in the college game is huge because the player is still learning to play the game. Does Frost bring in a great supporting staff that's that much better than what we have? Maybe. And in before the "it would be impossible to be worse than the current coordinators/position coaches!!!!!111" comments. But nevertheless, there really isn't a single shred of evidence that he would.

30 minutes ago, Undone said:

While I do think that Frost is potentially as good of a candidate as any to be "that next up and comer," one of my primary concerns is whether or not he brings in a supporting staff that can recruit and coach.

Right now, our defensive coaching actually is decent. We're struggling a ton on coaching on the offensive side of the ball. 

Position coaching in the college game is huge because the player is still learning to play the game. Does Frost bring in a great supporting staff that's that much better than what we have? Maybe. And in before the "it would be impossible to be worse than the current coordinators/position coaches!!!!!111" comments. But nevertheless, there really isn't a single shred of evidence that he would.

He recruits better then Mike does now, his team would whoop our ass.  So that arguement is false.

Questions: So can NU compete wt the SEC group of schools that might be looking his way?  After all, loyalty only goes so far and we can't expect Frost to come here out of loyalty and a can of beans.  So what does NU need to offer to convince him to come here? Do we need to out bid every other school money wise or are there other intangibles that we can offer - such as  salaries for attracting the best DC and OC and staff?   Can we compete wt those schools?  And are we willing to do so.  By what we heard from the school leaders and the acting DA, I think we've finally faced the reality that we have to compete there first before we can compete on the field. 

From the article:

This off season, there could be plenty of SEC jobs available. The likes of Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M could all have vacancies.

They’d be wise not to whiff on Frost.

50 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Questions: So can NU compete wt the SEC group of schools that might be looking his way?  After all, loyalty only goes so far and we can't expect Frost to come here out of loyalty and a can of beans.  So what does NU need to offer to convince him to come here? Do we need to out bid every other school money wise or are there other intangibles that we can offer - such as  salaries for attracting the best DC and OC and staff?   Can we compete wt those schools?  And are we willing to do so.  By what we heard from the school leaders and the acting DA, I think we've finally faced the reality that we have to compete there first before we can compete on the field. 

From the article:

This off season, there could be plenty of SEC jobs available. The likes of Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M could all have vacancies.

They’d be wise not to whiff on Frost.

Yeah, to my way of thinking, this is the million dollar question. Have the leadership of our University gotten to the point where they understand that righting this ship is potentially going to require a serious investment way beyond what we've spent collectively up to this point? If so, and perhaps more importantly, are they comfortable with ACTUALLY doing so?

Expecting substantial success from a coach who you are only willing to pay 2-3 million dollars is just not going to work. If they are serious about this thing, then they are going to have to be willing to at least double that figure and possibly go beyond.

57 minutes ago, Undone said:

Translation: You couldn't find the evidence.

In two years he recruited the correct players, with the correct attitude, and the correct skill to be ranked in the top 25, Riley has failed to do that in his career in college.  I can find all the evidence in the world, but I am assuming you don't watch Nebraska play.

2 hours ago, Undone said:

I even posted in the Wisconsin game thread that I was going to start giving Diaco credit for turning the defense around and making improvements. Then Wisconsin handed us their offensive game plan for the second half, and decided to run 28 out of their last 30 plays and we looked hopeless in stopping them.

10 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I keep hearing how Nebraska has an unlimited amount of money and $15M is nothing to us yet we haven't paid a HC even $3.5M yet in the history of the program. 

Having money available and spending that money - to say nothing of spending it wisely - are two completely different things.

@KingBlank - As much as I wish at times that I wasn't watching our team lose to Northern Illinois and get blown out by Wisconsin, I can tell you that I am watching.

7 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I even posted in the Wisconsin game thread that I was going to start giving Diaco credit for turning the defense around and making improvements. Then Wisconsin handed us their offensive game plan for the second half, and decided to run 28 out of their last 30 plays and we looked hopeless in stopping them.

There was definitely an inability to adjust, there's no doubt.

11 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I keep hearing how Nebraska has an unlimited amount of money and $15M is nothing to us yet we haven't paid a HC even $3.5M yet in the history of the program. 

Agreed. The one thing that seems most logical to try to do is the thing we haven't done yet. Frustrating.