THE REASON WE BEAT OHIO STATE

15 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I know it is so unlikely it is ridiculous, but nobody here would have taken a bet that Syracuse beats Clemson followed by WSU losing by 34 to Cal last night  A team playing with high emotion at home can do special things.  Such a shame we are at a state where nobody thinks it is at all possible.  Not predicting a win, but rather saddened that we cant even be perceived as the spirited underdog with a puncher's chance. 

I think WSU and Clemson losing hurts our chances.  You know Urban is showing that to his kids saying "See. It happens.  Do you want that to be you?"

2 minutes ago, Bolt VanderHuge said:

I think WSU and Clemson losing hurts our chances.  You know Urban is showing that to his kids saying "See. It happens.  Do you want that to be you?"

I hear you, plus OK losing to Iowa St last week.  No match ups between two top 25 opponents today so the theme is "Upset Saturday" this morning.  

Edited by HuskerPowerVA
1 minute ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I hear you, plus OK losing to Iowa St last week.  No match ups between two top 25 opponents today so the theme is "Upset Saturday" this morning.  

Thing is, the damage is already done if they are going to play unfocused. It's all about the week of work leading up to the game. 

16 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

If there is ANY chance, it will be turnovers.  We always have them and they don't.  If that is somehow reversed that is the only way.  

It's usually a bit trivial to suggest you have to win that battle, since most of the time the team that does wins, but Nebraska needs something to help equalize.

And a lot of it.

19 minutes ago, brophog said:

It's usually a bit trivial to suggest you have to win that battle, since most of the time the team that does wins, but Nebraska needs something to help equalize.

And a lot of it.

I hear you man. Yes, you are right, quite trivial, but this stat is ever more glaring tonight.  I don't think JT Barrett has thrown for more than one pick the entire year, but I don't want to look it up.   We throw multiple every game that lead to points the other way.  We cant win a shootout and can't dominate on defense.  They are more talented with one of the best coaches in the history of the game ( I think Saban is the best there ever was btw).  How could we possibly keep momentum and energy?  How might they react if they give up the ball?  The original poster asked a question (or at least opened the door) and I see this as the only way.  Totally pie in the sky I know. 

Edited by HuskerPowerVA

20 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

tOSU all die in the plane ride over, right?

P.S., where's the prediction thread(s)?

I am usually not the weeny who takes posts too seriously, but my step daughter went to Marshall. After visiting the fountain and talking to locals about what happened down there, I cant say this is in good taste.  

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, neepster said:

What would it take for this game to actually have that headline?  Anyone know?

Edit: From what I can tell, our worst home loss was in 1945 to Minnesota 61-7.... 

The Kansas loss comes to mind.  How we looked in the 2012 Title game or the game where we let that RB gash us for 408.

3 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I hear you man. Yes, you are right, quite trivial, but this stat is ever more glaring tonight.  I don't think JT Barrett has thrown for more than one pick the entire year, but I don't want to look it up.   We throw multiple every game that lead to points the other way.  We cant win a shootout and can't dominate on defense.  They are more talented with one of the best coaches in the history of the game ( I think Saban is the best there ever was btw).  How could we possibly keep momentum and energy?  How they might react if they give up the ball?  The original poster asked a question and I see this as the only way.  Totally pie in the sky I know. 

I'm not even sure a +2 or +3 turnover margin is actually enough. Turnovers are worth, on average, about 4.5 points (unless it's Lee). Unless this offense can both consistently move the ball and punch it in, that's not enough.

Nebraska needs to do something different, something they're not prepared for. Something that makes them think. Something that makes our other plays more effective. Nebraska needs a multiplier. 

3 minutes ago, brophog said:

I'm not even sure a +2 or +3 turnover margin is actually enough. Turnovers are worth, on average, about 4.5 points (unless it's Lee). Unless this offense can both consistently move the ball and punch it in, that's not enough.

Nebraska needs to do something different, something they're not prepared for. Something that makes them think. Something that makes our other plays more effective. Nebraska needs a multiplier. 

They need to line up 12 on their side of the ball.  Maybe 14.