The debate is over... right?

Branno

1 hour ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

Head Coach Langsdorf or Diaco doesn't give me much comfort either...

It's bad enough that Callahan was a Nebraska HC and now Riley.  We can't do anything about those two but we sure as hell can keep those names off any HC list.  If Les Miles is willing to step in as interim HC fine, otherwise leave Riley in place.  Riley needs to deal with this mess he created.

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Its a problem when we hire coaches who can't coach and coaches who can't recruit.  

Exactly right. I'm not delusional and going to say that the talent is there to compete at the top levels, but there is enough talent to be competitive. This team is anything but competitive.  Everything I hear from Riley is that he says he needs more years to bring in recruits. How about he coaches the current kids and be competitive in ball games. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It's bad enough that Callahan was a Nebraska HC and now Riley.  We can't do anything about those two but we sure as hell can keep those names off any HC list.  If Les Miles is willing to step in as interim HC fine, otherwise leave Riley in place.  Riley needs to deal with this mess he created.

For some reason you forgot to include Pelini in your rant.

1 minute ago, Nebraska Alum said:

Riley will definitely be fired and will finish with a worse winning percentage than Callahan, making him the worst coach of the modern era. Everyone who supported him is to blame. Anyone who looked at his record at the day of his hiring should have seen this disaster coming.

This is remarkably similar to American Presidents. Each new president establishes new records for federal debt, just like each new "coach" at NU establishes new records for awfulness. Go big red, I guess.

16 minutes ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

For some reason you forgot to include Pelini in your rant.

I wonder if Bo's 'toxic' culture has had a deeper impact than I expected. I have friends that are very anti Bo/pro Riley. Whenever a Bo recruit did something wrong he always linked it back to Bo's toxicity. I.E. Wilbon not playing because he 'wasn't a good pass blocker' and Gerry not going to class. I wonder if people were so anti Bo that they disconnected themselves from the reality that we are currently in, hanging onto any thread of hope that Riley will be 'the guy' just because it got rid of the toxic environment.

That was my status update I had on Wednesday. It accurately describes you. 

• Plus1 3