The debate is over... right?

Branno

1 hour ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

I think I'd like to see a quality person as head coach with a great reputation have the opportunity to field a team made up entirely of his own recruits. I'd like to stabilize the program and re-establish some semblance of class at NU. That would be nice for a change. Hillbilly management by firing coaches just to get another Great White Hope as a new coach won't fix the problem.

Riley is the problem.

We hired a nice guy that can’t win football games. He’d probably be a good professor, or some kind of university official, but he has no use as head coach of any football team let alone Nebraska. 

If you can’t see that it doesn’t make us hillbillies, it just makes you wrong (and kind of a jerk). 

• Plus1 8
23 minutes ago, Nebraska Alum said:

Riley will definitely be fired and will finish with a worse winning percentage than Callahan, making him the worst coach of the modern era. Everyone who supported him is to blame. Anyone who looked at his record at the day of his hiring should have seen this disaster coming.

He was 21-24 in his last 45 games at OSU. What did the brain trust think they where getting when they hired Opie

2 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Purdue played Wisconsin better at Wisconsin today.  Maybe they got tired from running over us.

Kinda. That game was odd today. No where close to what the score said it should have been.  Wisconsin had 500 yards, 24 first downs.....and 17 points. That's what turnovers do to a game.

I still see the next three as, at worst, tossups. I'm not impressed by Purdue, certainly.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, brophog said:

Kinda. That game was odd today. No where close to what the score said it should have been.  Wisconsin had 500 yards, 24 first downs.....and 17 points. That's what turnovers do to a game.

I still see the next three as, at worst, tossups. I'm not impressed by Purdue, certainly.

But you're impressed by Nebraska? :bang