Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Remember when you were a kid and you were expecting a certain gift because it kicked butt and made sense but instead you got a shirt?  I expect a shirt.

These last 20 years have made you like a beaten dog. And I get it, I do. You just expect it after going through it time after time that you can't have anything nice. But have faith. It might work out.

I have a first class ticket on the Frost Wagon.  If it's not Frost, then it needs to be a guy with one hell of a resume, and turned underperforming teams into consistently high performers wherever they may have been.  But, as the university has a recent history of uninspired coaching hires, I'm already preparing for the big let down.  New guy:  do NOT let me down this time.

• Plus1 2

Where does David Shaw come in with this? What is the connection to Moos?

Also, people need to realize Moos did NOT hire Chip Kelly at Oregon. Moos left Oregon in 2007, which I think was Kelly's first year as offensive coordinator with the Ducks? either way, he did not hire Kelly and I don't think he has any real connections to Kelly; therefore he doesn't have any connections to Frost because Frost did get onto the Oregon staff until Kelly was named head coach in 2009.

I've been pleading for Frost before Riley was hired but this decision on the new AD makes me think we are all going to be wrong and possibly very upset.  I bet they bring in a new HC that none of us had on our radar and it will be Callahan-Riley all over again.  I pray I am wrong but something about this new AD makes me think we are in for more disappointment.

I'll still root for Frost, but really, with Moos I think this guy actually has a vision to where any coach could be possible. He hired Leach to Washington state which is in Pullman Washington. Leach was hired into a program that was so bad and located in the middle of nowhere. That is a very impressive hire.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

We have never had a good recruiting base.....never will. You have to build in stages.

With our past records, switching schemes, poor coaching, getting blown out on national tv, we still land classes around 22-25....Plenty good to win the West every year with a winning coach.  We start winning the West and not get blown out, these classes start to crack the top 20...  Might point being, for all the can't recruit to NU we don't do bad at all.  If we start to win, all that other stuff goes away...

• Plus1 2