** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

https://ucf.rivals.com/news/scott-frost-press-conference-maryland-week

Watch this press conference prior to the Maryland game. Even at Oregon he spoke like this, not just like a coach, but like a head coach. Great demeanor, understands the media's role. Honest, humble, and forthright. These are things that are common to other press conferences he's had over the years, but this one is of course different because of Irma's tremendous impact on that program. Notice his priorities in life, even in the already stressful life of a college coach.

If you want a guy that represents Nebraska and all of those intangibles we like to say collegiate athletics are about...

Spoiler

And a plus, he talks like a coach, with actual plays and everything. "The spread" is not an offense, sounds like you're at the deli counter when you say that.

• Plus1 2

I think the video is worth watching, especially to the folks that want more context on why this guy might be a candidate despite his lack of experience. This is certainly an unique experience UCF is going through, and to see how a head coach handles his schedule being turned upside down is enlightening. We don't get to see this side of coaches very often.

10 hours ago, unlfan said:

Simply too unproven for me. I love Nebraska guys. But if the answer to the question "Would this guy be considered if he wasn't a Nebraska alum?" is no, im going to pass.

Same applies to Trev.

I will be VERY disappointed if we end up with the Trev/Frost combo.

Honestly, if you would take away his name and just listed Frost's accomplishments in his playing and coaching career, I think he has a great resume for a prospective coaching hire.  I think people try to check too many boxes when saying "I think they should go after this coach...". Simply put, the best coaches tend to have been hired with some risks. You just got to be willing to go for the home run hire. 

• Plus1 4
17 hours ago, brophog said:

https://ucf.rivals.com/news/scott-frost-press-conference-maryland-week

Watch this press conference prior to the Maryland game. Even at Oregon he spoke like this, not just like a coach, but like a head coach. Great demeanor, understands the media's role. Honest, humble, and forthright. These are things that are common to other press conferences he's had over the years, but this one is of course different because of Irma's tremendous impact on that program. Notice his priorities in life, even in the already stressful life of a college coach.

If you want a guy that represents Nebraska and all of those intangibles we like to say collegiate athletics are about...

Reveal hidden contents

And a plus, he talks like a coach, with actual plays and everything. "The spread" is not an offense, sounds like you're at the deli counter when you say that.

This actually describes Mike Riley too.

27 minutes ago, Redux said:

If we end up with Scott Frost and he tanks us, how are yall gonna cope?

I've always wondered this too. He has been seen as the future savior for so long, what happens if he sucks? Or, worse, flat out refuses the job when offered. Might have to have some serious counseling on the board

1 minute ago, HuskerJax said:

I've always wondered this too. He has been seen as the future savior for so long, what happens if he sucks? Or, worse, flat out refuses the job when offered. Might have to have some serious counseling on the board

If he sucks, he sucks. One of the great things about the linked video is how it humanizes the job. Humans make mistakes, and sometimes need to be replaced. 

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'd say we all got it out of our systems, we tried our guy, a Nebraska guy and it didn't work out, so then we all can move on and maybe that is what Nebraska would need to move forward and move on rather then dwelling on the 90's.

Then again he could work out and be here for 30 years.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, Redux said:

Good news is that he can't really "tanks us" as we're already near the bottom.

If Scott Frost comes to town and the program is still in the s#!tter with no sign of improvement, then that's what happens.

There is really no point of having a wish-list for coaches. Same thing always happens. You want this guy, the University gets that guy, you support him, it doesn't work out.

Only exception to that was Bo. I felt like a lot of people felt that Bo would bring back the blackshirts. That never happened.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic