** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, Redux said:

But it's not though.  We have become the school that fires 9 win coaches, at least that's how others see us.  Imagine the perception if we fire one of our own after a handfull of 7-9 win seasons.

i think the other schools see us as unable to play hard when it counts.........they don't see our 9 wins as any real accomplishment.

9 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

My biggest question on Frost right now is recruiting. Oregon fans said he wasn't very good at it there. He'd need to assemble an aggressive staff of recruiters as well as good coaches.

I think he'd be a quality coach but if he can't bring in the horses he'll end up in a similar place to Pelini.

I'm concerned about that, too. I'm not sure he really enjoys that part.  But assistants play a big part in recruiting because that's where the relationships are. Head coaches are closers. I wonder if Frosts grounded nature can sell him to mamas....that's huge when your getting their baby boy to come halfway across the country.

48 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

If NU were to reach out and when it's all said and done I hope they do there's the chance that he stays right where he is.  If so then you just have to move on and hope that whomever it is that ends up as our next head coach actually for good reason of course instills some excitement back into this program among other things of course.   

Little frat star is nervous as f#*k.

If we want frost, we will get him. I go back to the story about my flight last year to the Oregon game. Sat next to some Oregon guy well connected with the program and he said frost has made it clear NU is his dream job. Was this guy blowing smoke, maybe. But why would he be, hell he was the one that brought it up. 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

i think the other schools see us as unable to play hard when it counts.........they don't see our 9 wins as any real accomplishment.

No fan base thinks we are stellar, but I do hear over and over how we fire winning coaches because we are stuck in the 90's.  It's idiot KSUucks or Mizzery mostly that spew the nonsese, but other fans too.

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

No fan base thinks we are stellar, but I do hear over and over how we fire winning coaches because we are stuck in the 90's.  It's idiot KSUucks or Mizzery mostly that spew the nonsese, but other fans too.

I think the disconnect from other fan bases is they also view us as a program incapable of winning at a high level again and some view us as a fan base that should satisfied with the levels of mediocrity they've been accustomed to.

Just now, Enhance said:

I think the disconnect from other fan bases is they also view us as a program incapable of winning at a high level again and some view us as a fan base that should satisfied with the levels of mediocrity they've been accustomed to.

I just like how most of them reference us as stuck in the 90's when most of the others don't have an era to be stuck in.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Hunter94 said:

Agreed, The 9 wins were fine, the problem was that the losses were all high profile games in prime time not to mention some serious blow outs.

• Plus1 1

Honestly, we are stuck in the 90's aren't we?  That is the last thing we have to hang our hats on isn't it?  Embrace it yet.  So what if thats what it is.  The more fans try to deny this fact, the more unrealistic we seem.  Doesn't every program clamour for the good old days of winning titles?

So what.  Its true, we are stuck in the 90's.  Chancellor said it yesterday as well.  He would like to see this program look like it did in the 90's.  

• Plus1 2
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic