** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

On 9/22/2017 at 7:54 AM, unlfan said:

I will be VERY disappointed if we end up with the Trev/Frost combo.

As of today, I'd be a lot more on board with the HC Scott Frost idea than AD Trev Alberts.

• Plus1 3

59 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Lots of you guys will hate Frost.  He runs Oregon's offense.

What does this even mean?  At what point is it Scott Frost's offense at UCF?

Today I saw a team that played 3-4 running backs, couple of true freshman receivers and and undersized QB that could run and throw well.  It wasnt flashy/gimmicky, but most importantly it wasn't stale and predictable.

• Plus1 2
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, Nebhawk said:

Honestly, we are stuck in the 90's aren't we?  That is the last thing we have to hang our hats on isn't it?  Embrace it yet.  So what if thats what it is.  The more fans try to deny this fact, the more unrealistic we seem.  Doesn't every program clamour for the good old days of winning titles?

So what.  Its true, we are stuck in the 90's.  Chancellor said it yesterday as well.  He would like to see this program look like it did in the 90's.  

I'd settle for the 80's.  

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

What does this even mean?  At what point is it Scott Frost's offense at UCF?

Today I saw a team that played 3-4 running backs, couple of true freshman receivers and and undersized QB that could run and throw well.  It wasnt flashy/gimmicky, but most importantly it wasn't stale and predictable.

It means he uses the forward pass.  Read some of the posts from our fellow posters and you'll see all they want to do is rush the ball.

22 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

There's a lot to like about Frost. He wouldn't be my first choice. If the top 3-5 guys that Nebraska wanted to hire said no though, then I would be fine hiring him as a backup option.

There's two things I really like about Frost (not related to him playing at Nebraska specifically). First, he's been both an offensive coordinator (Oregon) and a defensive coordinator (UNI). That gives him a strong grasp of both offensive and defensive football and how they play off each other.

Second, look at the football minds he learned from as a player and coach. Frost has learned under Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, Bill Snyder and Chip Kelly. That's quite the education in football. Most coaches would kill for an apprenticeship like that.

And don't forget he also played safety in the nfl. 

17 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Man, that would be a breath of fresh air...

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic