** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 hours ago, Isle of View said:

He's favored in every remaining game by the ESPN predictor.  The worst odds are 67.7% in favor of them beating SMU.

I'm flat stating that Riley is capable of drawing Xs and Os on a chalkboard.  

... and the comment above was that it was funny that an example of SF getting run of the field was used as an example.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Isle of View said:

I'm flat stating that Riley is capable of drawing Xs and Os on a chalkboard.  

+1 :lol:  I think Riley's motivational style was brought up his first season.  He relies on the players to step up, be leaders and motivate teammates.  That was a marked difference from Bo.  Riley's belief being that when down in a game the players will rally and play for each other which is better motivation than playing for a coach.  Or something like that.  I don't disagree with his philosophy and believe it will probably develop better players as people.  It could be we don't have those leaders on the team yet.  I don't know what Frost's philosophy is but in the mic'd up video he's demonstrating a technique and said "Do it like that, if you want to be a good team".  I like that.  He's basically saying as coach he's there to teach them how to be better and in a subtle way suggesting they want to be a good team.

32 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

+1 :lol:  I think Riley's motivational style was brought up his first season.  He relies on the players to step up, be leaders and motivate teammates.  That was a marked difference from Bo.  Riley's belief being that when down in a game the players will rally and play for each other which is better motivation than playing for a coach.  Or something like that.  I don't disagree with his philosophy and believe it will probably develop better players as people.  It could be we don't have those leaders on the team yet.  I don't know what Frost's philosophy is but in the mic'd up video he's demonstrating a technique and said "Do it like that, if you want to be a good team".  I like that.  He's basically saying as coach he's there to teach them how to be better and in a subtle way suggesting they want to be a good team.

I call BS.

2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Which part?

None of it...i was just being an ass.

I actually agree with your post.  My high school coach was a starting center for Osborne and said TO let the players hold each other accountable and would only step in when things got to carried away. I think Riley would like to have that happen but in all honesty, i dont think he would let it happen to an extent that TO let it happen.  I think Frost probably would because he gone through it and has seen the results. 

1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

None of it...i was just being an ass.

I actually agree with your post.  My high school coach was a starting center for Osborne and said TO let the players hold each other accountable and would only step in when things got to carried away. I think Riley would like to have that happen but in all honesty, i dont think he would let it happen to an extent that TO let it happen.  I think Frost probably would because he gone through it and has seen the results. 

Oh, I was trying to dig up the thread that was started from an article.  I remember one of the assistants explained what Riley was doing and the players were a little confused in some situations because normally Bo would react totally different.  Someone brought up that it's not unlike how Tommie Frazier pushed teammates (verbally) to excel which had good results.  I'm not sure what you were referring to about accountability in the TO days but wasn't Christian Peter always running stairs because he got into fights at practice?  I doubt Riley would put up with freshmen hazing like they did back in the day.

12 hours ago, Isle of View said:

Have you seen any footage of Frost at practice?  

We should be careful drawing any conclusions from this kind of stuff. One of the best lessons I ever learned in the professional world is to respect different leadership styles. What ultimately matters is the result.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

We should be careful drawing any conclusions from this kind of stuff. One of the best lessons I ever learned in the professional world is to respect different leadership styles. What ultimately matters is the result.

Agreed.  We have a lot of years to gauge the results of Riley's style.  And we actually have more than a couple years to gauge the results of Frost's style.  He's been a successful DC and a successful OC.  He's gotten excellent results so far.  An undefeated regular season this year and he'll be a very hot commodity.

17 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Agreed.  We have a lot of years to gauge the results of Riley's style.  And we actually have more than a couple years to gauge the results of Frost's style.  He's been a successful DC and a successful OC.  He's gotten excellent results so far.  An undefeated regular season this year and he'll be a very hot commodity.

That's true, and he could soon be on par with a lot of other lower tier conference coaches who make big jumps to premier universities, but I personally don't believe his coaching style has any real relevance yet. I think that's something we'll need more data on in order to effectively judge.

He's starting to warm up on me.

Translation - I like Frost, his offense, and being a former great player here. Getting his teeth cut at a smaller school in Florida. His team hypothetically beating the Huskers doesn't seal the deal. Better than what we have had in years is probable, still no way of knowing unless you are here having success. Lots of hope, lots of uncertainty too is all

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic