** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

i am on board with Frost although not 100% he feels the same way about coming here.  If we dont get him and start over then I absolutely love the idea of Kyle WIttingham.  I was telling anyone that would listen we need to think seriously about hiring him but then we went and found Mr Rogers.  Utah plays defense like we all want to see here.  They are physical! Wittingham has fire and seems like a no non sense guy.  I mean so did Pelini but this is a bit more tasteful I believe.  The perfect balance if you will.  However, not sure Wittingham would leave Utah. That said, I think he gets as much out of them as possible and not sure he will ever get them into a consistent mix of contending for pac 12 titles.   May have maxed out there.  But i guess who could say he would do better here. IDK i just really like watching Utah play.  ALmost beat USC last night (cant believe they went for 2).  So USC out recruits the shiznit out of Utah but at least they competed with them, right?  THats what we're looking for right? 

• Plus1 1

We have to go after Frost.  It will take some $$$$, but lets just do it this time.  I personally wonder who we have ever gone after and opened up the check book for?   I don't think we ever contacted anyone with the intent of offering the bank.  We have settled for quick easy hires to satisfy the wrong people.  Bring in who ever as AD at  this point.  That doesn't matter as much as getting the next football coach hired.  

Forget hiring an interim in Miles.  Thats pointless.  That guy couldn't coach elite talent at LSU.  They couldn't score points either.  If we get Frost, forget about our current Qb's on this roster.  They don't possess anything that a true dual threat guy couldn't do in one offseason.  Running backs same thing.  Ozigbo is the only back on the roster that runs with intent on gaining yards.  Spielman is the only WR worth keeping.  HE would flourish in a wide open system.  So, the next guy has to recruit his rear off to make up for what we don't have already.  

Can Frost win some games with current roster?  Maybe 5 next year.  Could he win more with some better recruits immediately?  I think Frost would win 7-8 games next year just with a better Qb and some receivers that catch the ball, other than JD.  Can our offensive line improve with better coaching, sure, enough for us to win at least.  Spread option types take the pressure off of your lineman blocking as long.

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Man people are going to get super disappointed when Frost doesn't accept the job. Not saying he will do that but I could seriously see him staying at UCF for a 3rd year. As long as he keeps things rolling at UCF he will be in high demand. We better have a Damm good plan B 

Plan B might be getting ahead of yourself maybe plan Z.   I just don't see anyone really good wanting this job!

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

We have to go after Frost.  It will take some $$$$, but lets just do it this time.  I personally wonder who we have ever gone after and opened up the check book for?   I don't think we ever contacted anyone with the intent of offering the bank.  We have settled for quick easy hires to satisfy the wrong people.  Bring in who ever as AD at  this point.  That doesn't matter as much as getting the next football coach hired.  

Forget hiring an interim in Miles.  Thats pointless.  That guy couldn't coach elite talent at LSU.  They couldn't score points either.  If we get Frost, forget about our current Qb's on this roster.  They don't possess anything that a true dual threat guy couldn't do in one offseason.  Running backs same thing.  Ozigbo is the only back on the roster that runs with intent on gaining yards.  Spielman is the only WR worth keeping.  HE would flourish in a wide open system.  So, the next guy has to recruit his rear off to make up for what we don't have already.  

Can Frost win some games with current roster?  Maybe 5 next year.  Could he win more with some better recruits immediately?  I think Frost would win 7-8 games next year just with a better Qb and some receivers that catch the ball, other than JD.  Can our offensive line improve with better coaching, sure, enough for us to win at least.  Spread option types take the pressure off of your lineman blocking as long.

I don't know what you are talking about man... S. Morgan is filthy, and he is fast in space. POB showed me some wheels last night, and Gebbia is also going to be real good. I think Frost is a good enough coach that he can utilize this the talent we have. Think about it, a spread attack with accurate qb? it sounds good to me.Eventually we do go out and get true dual threats.

• Plus1 1

This job depends on what Frost wants in his future.  If he wants a job or if he wants a legacy.  If he is just looking for a better job, sure, I think there will be better immediate openings.  Texas A/M has more talent on its roster, Tennessee has better parts on its roster, UCLA has immediate recruiting ties for Frost in the Pac 12, but Nebraska has a legacy factor that none of those jobs have.

I think plan B would be the Miss St head coach, Dan Mullens.  Thats a plan B.  I say that and then I don't know if he has the same luster as he did either.   Plan C would have us going after Troy Calhoun or Ken Niamutilo at Navy.  Brent Venables has always interested me, but I think he has alot of Bo's qualities, and some of those that suck.  So yeah, if not Frost, then who in the hell is there at this point?

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not true at all. First of all, we will be fine if we don't hire Frost. If we do hire Frost you better tamp those expectations down. Frost will take his bumps and we won't be back immediately unless you mean back to winning 9 or 10 games. 

the thing is Riley has lowered the bar to the point an earthworm could jump it, so getting "back" to 9-10 games would be a major deal

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

I don't know what you are talking about man... S. Morgan is filthy, and he is fast in space. POB showed me some wheels last night, and Gebbia is also going to be real good. I think Frost is a good enough coach that he can utilize this the talent we have. Think about it, a spread attack with accurate qb? it sounds good to me.Eventually we do go out and get true dual threats.

I agree that Frost would have our current roster performing much better than it is.  He took a UCF team that one ZERO games in 2015...that is right, ZERO games, and now has them performing as a top-20 team.  Last I checked the players who are succeeding on the field this season are not all freshman that he just recruited, and most are with the talent he inherited from the prior staff that won ZERO games in 2015.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

Think about Gebbia or POB running a spread attack where your QB needs to run the ball to counter defensive pressure?  Yeah, thats not a good picture in my head.  Morgan, misses more balls than he ever catches.  Sure, he has some good qualities, but not dependable.  We have some pieces, but need many more even to win 7 games next year.  Like I have been saying on other threads, this is not just a coaching issue, this is a talent issue as well.  The fact that we think we are"Nebraska" and automatically have more talent than others, is just plain wrong.  Watch the field, and you will see we don't even compete with other teams speed.  So yes, we need more players.  Alot more players.  This isn't the team that Solich even had for talent.  This isn't even what Callahan left behind.  This is a mess of a roster.  We were recruiting players, just to recruit.  We had no idea where we would put these guys once here.  Just recruited for the numbers, not for quality.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree that Frost would have our current roster performing much better than it is.  He took a UCF team that one ZERO games in 2015...that is right, ZERO games, and now has them performing as a top-20 team.  Last I checked the players who are succeeding on the field this season are not all freshman that he just recruited, and most are with the talent he inherited from the prior staff that won ZERO games in 2015.  

He is winning because some of the players that were on the 0-12 team were also apart of a 9-4, 12-1 and 10-4 team.

• Plus1 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic