** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Did some one say Frost's spread offense wouldnt work here?? Does Ohio St not run a Spread? DId OU not beat Ohio with a spread? Granted they have better talent right now but the spread offense can work any where with talent.

We win a B1G running the spread T Mart wasnt hurt and had just a little bit more passing accuracy.

Spread can work.

That same poster said Ohio State and Wisconsin run similar offenses so you can go ahead and disregard anything he said.

• Plus1 1

I hope we're not hiring Frost.

We need the Big Name out there to really bring in top 10 talent. We need a proven college football head coach. Frost is not that guy. 

I genuinely predict disappointment if we bring in Frost. Spend the money on the biggest name that's willing to come. This cannot be this hard and we cannot keep repeating this cycle.

26 minutes ago, Undone said:

We need the Big Name out there to really bring in top 10 talent. We need a proven college football head coach. Frost is not that guy. 

I genuinely predict disappointment if we bring in Frost. Spend the money on the biggest name that's willing to come. This cannot be this hard and we cannot keep repeating this cycle.

Oh yeah, there will be a lot of disapointment if we bring in Frost.  Mostly amongst the hardcore Riley fans when Frost proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how horrible of a coach Riley is.

• Plus1 5
38 minutes ago, Undone said:

And your big name choice is.......:dunno   Not saying we can't get a big name - If Shaw is a big name- I'd like him.  Who do  you consider to be a big name, and even more importantly a big name that might be willing to make a change?

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And your big name choice is.......:dunno   Not saying we can't get a big name - If Shaw is a big name- I'd like him.  Who do  you consider to be a big name, and even more importantly a big name that might be willing to make a change?

As I said a few replies up, David Shaw or Mark Dantonio.

I wanted Dantonio to come in after Bo was fired.

Just now, Undone said:

As I said a few replies up, David Shaw or Mark Dantonio.

I wanted Dantonio to come in after Bo was fired.

Seriously, those are your choices? Neither would be leaving. You need to be more realistic and also study past hires over the last 10 years. 

21 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Oh yeah, there will be a lot of disapointment if we bring in Frost.  Mostly amongst the hardcore Riley fans when Frost proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how horrible of a coach Riley is.

Pump the breaks on your straw men. I have never been a Riley fan. 

We all want the best coach available. It is not crazy in the slightest to believe that Frost is not the best guy we can get. 

If we get him, I'll still be very happy. 

Remember: We have to recruit from the warm-weather meccas to do this thing. The bigger the name, the more pull in recruiting. This is a very basic concept. 

• Plus1 1

If you just want to talk about your need for Scott Frost to be HCSF, this is your place to do so. I delayed creating it because it didn't seem unreasonable when people asked. It's reached a point where there are four topics on the front page of the football forum. All new topics will be moved here. 

5 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Seriously, those are your choices? Neither would be leaving. You need to be more realistic and also study past hires over the last 10 years. 

This is the chicken s*** attitude that has put us where we're at.

Our boosters have the money. If Frost is the best we can do, there's a very good chance he can do better than Riley but in my opinion we have to go big or go home.

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic

Why would money be enough to get Shaw away from his dream job? He has said it is his dream job publicly. Shaw is Stanford through and through. 

Dantonio turns 62 in 4 months. Why would he want to take on a rebuild when he already built Michigan State at his age? 

You need to hire the next generation of great coaches, not the old generation that are on their way out - Les Miles, Stoops, Saban, and the like. 

• Plus1 1

The next generation of great coaches are the following:

Scott Frost

Tom Herman

Jeff Bhrom 

PJ Fleck 

Neal Brown

Matt Campbell 

Mike Norvell 

Dabo Swinney

Jimbo Fisher

Dave Doeren

Justin Fuente

Lincoln Riley

And that isn't all of them. Don't think in the terms of hiring a coach over 60 years old. Think in the terms of the next generation - 30's, 40's and early 50's.