** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

13 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Coach Frost's defensive coordinator only makes 400K dollars a year. Nebraska could easily double his salary and right there is a large chunk of that stupid fundraiser they have going on. Nebraska played a special teams coach more than UCF pays for a coordinator. 

Coach Frost will say all of the right things in public but with all of those Nebraska, Iowa and Midwest ties on this staff, they will take the money and go back home and coach. 

Nebraska can more than double the salary of every assistant on his staff and we still wouldn't be near the top in the B1G in salaries. 

If Nebraska doesn't back up the Brinks $ Truck for a guy that deserves it than the program should revolt against this administration and new AD.  The seat donations and the ticket prices are to fund a winning program,  if we grab another coach on the cheap then everything else should be trashed.  Its like building a great race car then grabbing a low budget driver.

2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

My point is, and I have always felt this way, is that Scott may not come.  If Moos tries to hire him and Scott doesn't come, the fans will turn on Moos.

I think Moos, for the most part, would be OK. You'd probably here some griping that he didn't try hard enough, didn't make the right pitch, 'didn't break out the checkbook like he should have,' etc. However, I believe they'd be a relatively vocal minority.

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

And Wisconsin fans said that Dave Aranda loved being in Madison so much he would never leave. Well, he left to LSU. Houston fans said Tom Herman's wife loved Houston so much that they would not leave. Well, they left. They always leave. They never love it like fans pretend they do. 

You're right - it's usually grasping on strings or trying to make certain variables carry more weight than they actually do. It was evident in our fan base when the 'Bo to Miami' rumors had some steam.

10 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Transcript of comment from Aaron Taylor:

"From conversations I have had with him....this is his dream job, relationship with the AD is a big factor, money doesn't mean a thing to him and we would obviously pay his assistants well. He is a little worried about the big fishbowl that this job has become and talked about enjoy the anonymity at his previous jobs. He is set to have a baby next week and Larry and Carol would also push hard also to have that grandbaby back in Nebraska. His latest visit with me on style of offense is a Nebraska style inside zone game and quasi Oregon outside zone game. He believes in the run game and would like something close to 65/35 run/pass game. If you compare his current offense to Osbornes, you will see a lot of similarities in the blocking schemes...even on those outside zone plays. Defensively he likes the attacking style and would bring his DC Erik Chinander with him. This guy is a big up and comer and in my opinion would restore the order...he is a good dude too."

This was posted elsewhere so I don't have the original link. 

This is the type of stuff I have heard from people around Scott.  It sounds to me like "relationship to AD"   and "being in a fishbowl" are the biggest obstacles to "dream job."  Those two could outweigh the first.  He would be the guy that wants money for the staff, doesn't need tons for himself.  If they are going this route the back channels should be busy enough that they know if he is the guy before the last game.

5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

This is the type of stuff I have heard from people around Scott.  It sounds to me like "relationship to AD"   and "being in a fishbowl" are the biggest obstacles to "dream job."  Those two could outweigh the first.  He would be the guy that wants money for the staff, doesn't need tons for himself.  If they are going this route the back channels should be busy enough that they know if he is the guy before the last game.

That whole "fishbowl" stuff comes with any big time job. Heck, some nutty FSU fans are calling for the firing of their national championship winning coach because they are having a bad season. 

26 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

That whole "fishbowl" stuff comes with any big time job. Heck, some nutty FSU fans are calling for the firing of their national championship winning coach because they are having a bad season. 

Yes, but he already knows it first hand here.  Also his extended family would feel it here too, not just him.  Fishbowl here is personal.  I am sure he remembers the booo's.

Edited by Crusader Husker

On 9/22/2017 at 9:04 PM, Vitalis Jackson said:

Word. Stick with Coach Riley. He's a class act, and he's just now starting to bring some decent recruits on board. Clearing the back stock takes time. My only complaint with Coach R. is that he should have cleared the bench last year and booted several of the old order. There were horrible attitude issues left from the old regime.

Stick with Riley and continue to see blow outs against ohio st, wisconsin, Penn st, and any team with a pulse? He got beat by 30 to Iowa last year. Iowa! Nebraska will most likely lose by that to Penn st this year. Maybe even iowa again. Iowa! All because of poor coaching and development. 

You're entitled to your opinion on all of this, but if you think keeping Riley around after this year will be best for the program then you are wrong. But with all due respect, of course.

• Plus1 2

Since we're not supposed to start any new Scotty Frost threads, I'll ask the question here & hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle...

What would contract offer would you consider fair... AND....

What contract offer would you offer Frost in order to try and get him here in Lincoln? (assuming that's the coach you want)

How many years would you offer? How much base salary per year(guaranteed cash)? How many bonuses, and for what?

Feel free to throw in other coaches, too... I just finished midterms, and I'm bored.

1 minute ago, Red_Payne said:

Since we're not supposed to start any new Scotty Frost threads, I'll ask the question here & hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle...

What would contract offer would you consider fair... AND....

What contract offer would you offer Frost in order to try and get him here in Lincoln? (assuming that's the coach you want)

How many years would you offer? How much base salary per year(guaranteed cash)? How many bonuses, and for what?

Feel free to throw in other coaches, too... I just finished midterms, and I'm bored.

You would have to negotiate and probably against UCF and others.

I can't see going above 4, because of what he will want to pay assistants.  

5 years and tell the fans to be patient and give him 5 years,  The fans need to stay off of his back for at least 5 years.

2 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Transcript of comment from Aaron Taylor:

"From conversations I have had with him....this is his dream job, relationship with the AD is a big factor, money doesn't mean a thing to him and we would obviously pay his assistants well. He is a little worried about the big fishbowl that this job has become and talked about enjoy the anonymity at his previous jobs. He is set to have a baby next week and Larry and Carol would also push hard also to have that grandbaby back in Nebraska. His latest visit with me on style of offense is a Nebraska style inside zone game and quasi Oregon outside zone game. He believes in the run game and would like something close to 65/35 run/pass game. If you compare his current offense to Osbornes, you will see a lot of similarities in the blocking schemes...even on those outside zone plays. Defensively he likes the attacking style and would bring his DC Erik Chinander with him. This guy is a big up and comer and in my opinion would restore the order...he is a good dude too."

This was posted elsewhere so I don't have the original link. 

a3769a91e247daf31b06a8d5f30948b1899d8e84

• Plus1 4

Offer him Riley's salary and incentives.  Go from there.  That's a $ 1 million base raise with a potential to make up to $6 million in a year with bonuses for winning.  Negotiate the rest with the assistants and their bonuses for winning.

Offer his parents part time positions on the staff.  They were his high school coaches.

Edited by InOmaha